Friday, October 1, 2010

Steven's maxims

Steven quote:I’m very competitive yet I’ll concede defeat
Win or lose, too many variables at play outside your control
Anyway, it serves as my motivation
Winning is victory, losing is defeat, I did my best, what’s there to fear.
Self-confidence may not necessarily ensure a win, but without it, you will surely lose.

有信心未必會贏,無信心一定會輸.

1) 男人绝不能对女人动粗的!
*Men should never use violence towards women.

2) 好的,教不坏!坏的,教得好!
*The good cannot be taught to be evil! The bad can be taught to be good.

3)  心善则貌美,心恶则貌丑!
*If good of heart, the beauty shows. If wicked of heart, the ugliness shows.

4) 容得下别人,肯定有容得下自己的空间!能容得下更多,你的空间,也会更多!
*If can tolerate others, then definitely have space to tolerate self! The more tolerance you give, the bigger your space gets.

*5) 在惡的環境下散播善的種子絕對不易為,但你絕不孤單,因為德不孤,必有鄰
In adversity, it is not easy to spread the seed of good, but you are not alone because virtue is not alone but has neighbors.

6) 付出,不代表一定有收獲!但付出後,那空缺?你卻能永遠保存,没人能拿走!虛與實,都歸你!
*Giving doesn't mean you'll get something in return. But after you give, that empty space? You’ll have it preserved forever, no one can take it away! Illusionary or real, it is yours for keeps!

7):錯不過三!同樣错誤不應一而再,再而三的重犯,就如四哥的早,不能再旱下去,這没得解釋的,所以,..............! 四哥
*Wrongs not over three! The same mistake should not be repeated, and if repeated, cannot repeat for the third time. Just like Fourth Brother earlier, should not continue, this cannot be excused, so write slower.

8)凡事總要向好的方面去想,同時,也要為最壞的情況作打算!
*Hope for the best, prepare for the worst!

9)俯首反思,是向别人提出質疑前最好的行為!
Humbly reflect on oneself before criticizing others.

10)人生總是悲喜交錯,我當年意外撞傷了眼,但幸好眼球没破掉,臉容也沒被毁掉!,就是不幸中之大幸!相比起來,比我不幸的,大有人在,人家没 抱怨,我还喊什麽苦?所以,擁有時,請珍惜,失去時,請放開,得意時,勿自傲,失意時,莫自憐!共勉之!Life is a mixture of joy and sorrows. Just like that year when I injured my eye in an accident, fortunately, eyeball was not shattered, also face was not marred. This truly is ‘fortune within the unfortunate’. In comparison, there are many people, who are not as fortunate and yet did not complain. What then is my own suffering? Therefore, when you have, please treasure, when you don’t have, just let it go. Do not be prideful when you do have, yet do not wallow in self-pity when you lose it.

11)我不是神,我不能說我對物質榮耀没有追求,,我也很懂滿足!追求只要不盲目,不過份,"滿足"隨處可見
*I’m not God, I can’t say I do not pursue materialistic desires, however, I also understand 'contentment'. So long the pursuit is not blind or overly excessive then 'contentment' can be found everywhere.

12)我相信,付出是我能掌控的,但結果如何,却非一己之力能决定,既然如此,那就快樂地付出,開懷地接受結果
I believe, I can control how much I give, however, what the result is is not within my power. So, give happily and openly accept the result.

13)俯首反思,是向別人提問前最好的行為,因為答案往往就在反思過程中出現!
Humbly reflect on oneself before criticizing others because the answer always appears during the reflection period.

14)我從不聽取片面之詞,也不相信霎眼之感,凡事必需用心去体會,才有可能知道事實之全部!
I never listen to a one-sided story, nor do I believe in a ‘blink of an eye’ feeling. In all situations, use the heart to understand, then you can know the whole story of the situation.

15)我從來都不會讓自己没有選擇機會,人没得選擇,是很痛苦的事!所以,在我能控制,能改变之情況下,我會製造"選擇",而方法只有一個,就是增值自己!只要願付出,選擇在面前!
*I never allow myself to have no choice, if a person has no choice, it creates a painful situation. Therefore, in circumstances that I can still control, can still change, I will create ‘choice’, and there is only one way, that is to add value to your worth. If you are willing to give of yourself and efforts, choices are right in front of you.

16)人與人之間,往往有太多計算,有好有壞,,不管正面或負面,計算只會浪費了自己宝貴的時間,因為結果永遠不是我能計算出來的,既然如此,付出了就算!
Between people, there are bound to be a lot of good and bad calculations, however, regardless of whether it's positive or negative, you will only be wasting your own precious time by calculating because the results are always beyond our own calculations. Since this is the case, if you have given/paid, then that's fine.

17)我出身草根,但我有温暖的家!我不富裕,但我會努カエ,照顧家人!我學歷不高,但我會自修,學而後更知不足!我很普通,但我是世上唯一,没有另一個我!
I born in grass roots, but I have a warm home. I am not rich, but I will work hard to take care of family members. I am not well educated, but will self study and learn and not get enough of it. I am ordinary, but unique, on this earth, there is not another me.

*18)「親人的離開,是你生命裏必須承受的痛。這痛沒有任何哲理可安慰你,從此以後,你會更懂得珍惜身邊的人。」輯錄自唐君毅老師[人生之體驗]續篇內「幽冥之間」的一席話!
A family member's passing is a pain that one must endure as part of life.  No philosophy can console this kind of pain, henceforth, you will know to cherish the people around you even more. Complied from Teacher Tang Jun yi [Life's Experiences], a phrase from its sequel [Between Nether]. baidu


19) Do not respond to ignorance with anger, reply to selfishness with distress, react to callousness with disappointment, refrain from answering the injustice; please use knowledge to change destiny, use attitude to influence life tribulations, smile to defuse hostility, today creates tomorrow.

Latter maxims are grouped under Encouraging words

Notice again, Steven’s maxims are concerned with ourselves whom we can actually change and/or control, and not about other people who we have no control over. Regardless of how many 'give' pieces you have given, the subsequent empty spaces of vestige feelings (good or bad) forever hold their spot in your heart. Moreover, the ‘giving’ feeling is exclusively yours to keep and to unlock at whim. And as to whether your giving is worthwhile or not depends on your pov. As per his weibo (5/16; 18:58) What feelings to accept is all based on personal choice! Good or bad will depend on your pov.

Unless asterisked, all are translated by onceuponAstar@asianfanatics.net  Thank you for her translation.

No comments:

Post a Comment