Friday, November 5, 2010

Steven Ma would rather be lonely than be overly sappy.

February 15 2005


Posted Image

Yesterday was Valentine’s Day but Steven Ma did not go on a date, instead he called up old friends for a get-together. He laughs and says that 364 days of the year are Valentine’s Day to him, except for February 14 which is a rest day.

MaZai says earnestly: For Valentine’s Day, if not truly in love then don’t spend it too carelessly. Because I’m no longer a youngster, if my date is not someone I can spend my whole life with, then I would much rather be a lonely horse (Ma). I absolutely can not celebrate Valentine's Day every year with different people. If I feel we could further develop our relationship but still not too sure, then I’d suggest celebrating Valentine’s Day two days ahead. (How many years have you not celebrated Valentine’s Day?) I’ve of course celebrated Valentine’s Day, otherwise, I would not have comprehended that Valentine's Day should not be casually spent, but I’ve forgotten how many years since I celebrated it. With this in mind, Ma Zai taking advantage of this Lunar Year holidays has earlier called up old friends for a get together. He only remembered that yesterday was the 6th day of the lunar year, and not the celebrated Valentine’s Day. Conversely, he remembers that next week will be the Lantern Festival (15th day of Lunar Year – aka Chinese Lovers’ Day.) He smiles and says maybe when the time comes, he will call up some friends to guess the riddles written on lanterns (for the Lantern Festival at the end of Chinese New Year)


asianfanatics 93 

昨日是情人节,马浚伟没约佳人,反约了一些旧朋友出来叙旧,他笑言对他而言,一年三百六十四日都是情人节,唯独二月十四要休息。

  对于情人节,马浚伟有他的一套语重心长的看法:「若不是真的恋爱,就不要随便与女孩子过情人节,如果不肯定对方是可以一生一世,我宁愿做孤独小马,我绝对做不到每年与不同的人庆祝情人节,如果觉得大家可以发展而又未肯定,我就会提前两天庆祝。」

  问马浚伟可有庆祝过情人节?他笑说:「我当然庆祝过,否则也领悟不到情人节的意义了,但已忘了有多少年没庆祝过了。」由于马浚伟一早打算趁这个新年假期与朋友叙旧,所以他只记住昨天是年初六,没留意是情人节,倒是下星期的元宵佳节,即中国情人节,马浚伟特别记得,他透露届时会与朋友齐往猜灯谜。

No comments:

Post a Comment