Friday, February 18, 2011

7 Days: Series content

Even in real life, lots of stuff, some life changing, can happen within a week. Anyway, I thought the scriptwriters did a brilliant job illustrating and unfolding just such drama when strangers are trapped inside a confined space against their will -- telling the story of how a group of strangers affect and be affected by each others' actions. How each action has a consequence(s) and yes, how their actions and reactions to each other can change their lives. But what most impressed me about this series is of course how very entertaining and delightful it was to watch. Somehow,7DIL reminds me of this wise saying: People come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. What of the friendships made during the 7 days of quarantine?

Watching the guests saying their goodbyes as their photos flashed through my computer screen, I felt inexplicably blue at seeing them leave heralding the imminent end of the series, and the death of Calvin. I'm so going to miss the whole cast. I was first drawn in to the series because of Steven Ma, but in the process of watching, I came to love all the whole cast, some more than the others: - Calvin, Christie, Ah Lung, Jin Jing, Bellboy, Gaga, Judy, Ho Chan, Manager, professor and his wife, the Chuis, the foreign guests, the hotel employees, Mr. Fong and of course, Little Bee. I have gotten to know them, and enjoyed their unfolding dramas. Goodbye! I'm so gonna miss them.

No comments:

Post a Comment