Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Farewell notice

1/25 21:18 3rd day of CNY. A sudden stirring of emotion; but, very happy, these past 18 years, a place that will always be my maternal home, my alma mater forever; a place that has nurtured me and taken care of me during my maturation in the entertainment circle, where many people love me, and many more I love. Fate emerged, fate extinguished; fate ends, fate begins; can’t clarify, can’t fathom. Gratitude, deeply ingrained in memory; feeling, remember with affection. Termination does not mean ‘severed’; leaving does not mean ‘the end’. As long as feeling still exists, everything will still be beautiful. As long as fate has not dissipated, everything will still be fine. Wishing all those who are fond of me and those I am fond of, and the decent and righteous, peace, good health and happiness.

Once again Steven writes without the use of punctuation, below is my own interpretation of his entry with my own insertion of punctuation. 5555! Feel so sad as I translate Steven's farewell entry in his weibo. Notice Steven did not specifically say TVB but called it a place - tvb is more than just a tangible workplace of management and employees; it is also an intangible place that witnesses the passage of time and youth, of past energy and present energy, a dream maker and breaker machine, of history etc. 

Since people tend to be more generous and gracious in good times, it is during adversities and life disappointments that we see the true mettle of a person. Steven shows his fortitude and grace when he chooses to count his blessings than his grievances, to reminiscent with affection than with regrets, to take away the good with him leaving behind the bad, and of course, rises about it all taking the high road to a better tomorrow. 走的瀟灑+灑脫


---- more -- Chinese

年初三 偶有感觸 但 很快樂 十八年 一個永遠是我娘家 母校 孕育和照顧我在演藝圏成長的地方 太多疼我 更多我疼的人 緣起緣滅 緣終緣始 說不清 道不明 恩我銘記 情我惦念 結束不代表了斷 離開不代表終止 只要情還在 一切都會美好 只要緣未散 一切都會完滿 願疼我和我疼的 善良和正道的 都平安 健康 快樂

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Tamaya. You have clearly translated Steven's message! By reading it, I can tell how Steven felt when he was writing this farewell entry ~ 18 years is not a short time particularly it is within Steven's golden age! Gingyee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gingyee, you're welcome! I believe Steven's tomorrows will be better.

    ReplyDelete