Thursday, April 19, 2012

OPM-New Series, New Knowledge, New Challenge

Clear Newspaper
April 19 2012
One Pen Ma column
Steven Ma

New Series, New Knowledge, New Challenge
新劇新知新挑戰

Writing this essay, once again airborne inside a plane enroute to Hangzhou.

Still recall last year November 1st was my official date joining the 'Legend of Yuan Empire Founder' troupe, which lasted for four months. During that period, the troupe brothers and sisters and I gathered daily, if not to film then to play badminton, or else to eat and drink and play.  In this four months, we even went through several big festivals together.  Today looking back, they all seem like just yesterday; those light and shadow, people and feeling, all still so vivid in my memory.

Today, I will join another new troupe, its tentative name is "Yuan Yang Pei" 鴛鴦佩. It is a pre-modern tv series invested by a listed Beijing company.  Pre-modern era is one that I have always been partial to, and plus its script is really very absorbing.  Furthermore, I get to portray two roles: good vs evil, sorrow in goodness, sentiment in evilness; this kind of character is unpredictable; a complex character is what I most desire as a challenge.

The cast members in this collaboration are all new friends, but last month in Beijing trip, we already got to know each other. I certain the upcoming two months and a half will be most happy ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment