Wednesday, May 16, 2012

opm: Down to Earth Life Journey

Clear Newspaper
May 17 2012
Column: One Pen Ma
Author: Steven Ma

Down to Earth Life Journey 
踏實人生路
Alive, we have our own unique individual experiences and difficulties. I understand that during our living years you have your own reasons, I have my own expectations; but no matter how confident you are, how extraordinary you are, it is not worthwhile because of individual thinking or individual expectation to complicate some precepts or reality that should not be denied or need be explained.

In life journey it is of course wonderful if can encounter companions of like minds. But if cannot agree or original intention is misunderstood then should we seek to compromise or to hold fast to our conviction? Give in or disregard?

I believe everybody has his or her own individual thinking and ideals, very difficult to use absolute right or wrong to determine. Even more so, I believe that the road of life comes about through walking step by step. Those who walk before me of course see more than I; if they are willing to tell me that ahead lies stormy weather, or maybe bright and sunny  weather, I will certainly be most grateful. Of course, if they have a hidden agenda for telling then that is a totally different matter!  If imbued with inner beauty walking the righteous path, those in front of you should  also be similar people walking a righteous path, if that is the case, what is there to be afraid of? 


TN:Steven never fails to amaze me with his purity of thought and his innate faith in human goodness, all the more unique and improbable because of his work where most things are fake but make to look real.  How did Steven retain his faith in humans goodness after 19 years of immersion in showbiz culture?

"Steven's favorite author, Tang Jun Yi once said: "The world mystifyingly doles out random praises and also mystifyingly metes out random hurt." I can relate to that; the entertainment circle is where most of this randomness is fabricated." 

No comments:

Post a Comment