Tuesday, September 10, 2013

UPDATED 9/12 editorial 2014 tvb calendar ? Steven, you're my hero!

Steven will not be in the 2014 TVB Calendar photoshoot. YES! Good for you, Steven. 

TVB Calendar 2014
TVB 2014 Calendar: Group 1 - Roger Kwok, Kevin Cheng, Charmaine Sheh, Ben Wong, Jason Chan
Group 2 - Steven Ma, Kenneth Ma, Joe Ma, Sonija Kwok, Elena Kong, Lin Xiawei, Elaine Yiu

If this is true, here's my rant, harsh I know - but I simply don't understand why Steven just can't make a clean break with TVB? His on-again-off-again-on-once-again relationship with TVB makes him seem such a contradictory person, not to mention quite wimpy especially after his much publicized contract fiasco last year.  Why on earth did he bother much less agree to be part of 2014 TVB calendar? His action sends a very negative message to the public as if he can't make it on his without TVB backing and that's why he's at TVB's beck and call like an obedient cast-off stepson.  Don't even say how he is just paying his dues to TVB as gratitude -- that's getting old. He's probably just doesn't know how to say 'no' to Catherine Tsang even though he must know he is being used by TVB at his expense. If a fan like me feels this way imagine what anti-fans and the press willl say about him being back in the calendar photoshoot thingy.  However, the calendar's message will be different if he is grouped with the topmost tier tvb artists but sorry to say he's not. So, Steven, don't do it - the photoshoot will only tarnish your reputation and image -- worse, have the HK tabloids belittle you as 'the horse who returns to eat the grass from past pasture'.  Moreover, having the 3 Mas in the same group will definitely create comparison of the three, undoubtedly TVB's tactic to highlight just how far ahead its favored biological son KM has pulled ahead of the other 2.

If this rumor is false then my apologies to Steven, if it is true then I am truly disappointed in Steven that he still can't seems to cut off the strings that fettered him to tvb's apron.

eta: Guess this rumor is true after all- apparently the photoshoot is done already.  kuangaitvb  Well, whatever!

Am I over reacting over this?

Ok, the rumor is half true--Steven is invited but his group photoshoot is not over and done with as rumored. Steven has just confirmed on weibo that he WON'T Be in the photoshoot after all for work reason. 
***********************************************************************


7 comments:

  1. Are you over reacting over this?
    Ya, I think so! Calm down! I don't think this photoshoot - thingy is a very serious problem. Steven do whatever he think it right. So let it go, Tamaya! ^^~
    Through I Do Not think you are wrong! Yeah, but just a little bit over. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ok, calming down. letting it go. But seriously, do not underestimate this calendar's far-reaching influence over the masses' perception of an artist. an artist's public image though fabricated is very crucial to his career and reputation, and general public's perception (right or wrong) can often hinder if not kill an artist's career.

      But thanks for you response.

      Delete
  2. @Tamaya: No, you are NOT overreacting -- I would react the exact same way if I were as dedicated a fan of Steven's as you are (by the way, I agree with everything you wrote). It's obvious that I do like Steven (as an artist and as a person), but ever since he decided to return to TVB, I've been shaking my head at his bad decision-making (especially after the success he garnered in Mainland and it was obvious that he didn't need TVB to be a part of his life whatsoever). When he made that decision, my first thought was that he was taking the noose and putting it back over his neck again (after working so hard to remove that noose) and so far, that is turning out to be more true than I want it to be....

    Anyway...enough ranting from me....I still like Steven and will continue to support him (though no guarantees that I won't still be 'bitter' about his decision to return to TVB...).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I gather, Steven only signed contract with that one series, Property Protector. He did not sign a series per year contract. So if he collaborates with TVB next year, he would have to sign another contract with them. But I could be wrong in my understanding of his interviews.

      Delete
  3. No guarantee how long I'll stay his dedicated fan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tamaya, I think Steven Just said on his Weibo a few minutes ago that he will not be in TVB calendar shooting!!!!!
    "今天心情特別好,來個天馬流星拳[哈哈]p.s.謝謝TVB邀請我回去拍月曆,可我在北京真的走不開,抱歉抱歉!"
    YEAH!!!!!!! Steven do whatever he think it right! So believe him ah!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, just read his weibo. Yes! Steven, my faith in you is restored.

      Delete