Thursday, January 6, 2011

Links:discussion

Tamaya: He (Steven) says that if he truly loves a woman that much, he would behave like Wilson, except he would have acted much more decisively earlier to prevent all the bad things from happening.
Akazukin:  wonder what he means by 'acted much more decisively earlier to prevent all the bad things from happening. Can Wilson prevent it earlier? He didn't know anything about Jojo's and Jessie's conspiracy until much later. Surely, if anyone loves a woman that much, they will be like Wilson. But the thing is, will Steven love such a woman that much? I remembered him saying that to him, appearance is not important, and the only thing Jojo has is, appearance.
Tamaya: My answer is an emphatic no. I don't think Steven will love such a money grabbing woman like Jojo because obviously he has not. Just the fact that his long time girlfriend is only one year younger than him when he could have had dated a much younger and prettier woman than she is proof enough. Don't you think? Compare that to the actors or other men who date or married women much younger than themselves.

But that he will go all out to help his loved ones at the expense of himself, putting his loved ones before himself - I guess that's what Steven means. In his book, Steven wrote this: "Frankly, in my philosophy, love can be infinite, but hate is as to forget."

I know, it is such a shame and a failure to the script and Fala's acting that Jojo is such an unlikable person, and she is supposed to be the 'heroine' here. The best villain to me right off the bat is Michelle Yim's in TBOL.

I think over time, Wilson's love/infatuation for Jojo has gone far beyond just her appearance. He sees the good in her, why, is beyond me or you or Billy. Wilson found something in her that he couldn't find in other women, no matter how much more suitable they are for him. For me, I think it was truly love at first sight for Wilson rather than lust at first sight. Based on his personality that unfolds through the series, Wilson is not a frivolous man who indulges in fleeting romantic interludes, which is why despite being an eligible bachelor he is still very much unattached. So when he falls in love, he falls hard with total abandonment and total commitment. Why on earth would he love Jojo so much, well, love can't be explained. And I'm not going to be agitated by incomprehensibly and badly written script and characters. Btw, I've changed my mind on Wilson's looks in the latter part of the series. He is actually quite handsome though I still maintain he looks so much more handsome out of his ill-fitting suits than clad in one.

Very rare these days, but I personally know of three men in their 40s who claimed they fell in love with their wives at first sight, and one even boldly told her after a week of dating that she is going to marry him, not he is going to marry her. And after a short courtship, all 3 marriages are still going strong after all these years. I believe love at first sight does happen, just that I don't approve of Wilson's choice to fall in love with.

No comments:

Post a Comment