Monday, March 21, 2011

Steven talks about Maggie Cheung Ho Yee



Steven shares his opinion on Maggie Cheung Ho Yee in a 2004 or 2005 (?) talk show.
The last time (2009?) Steven was asked who his best onscreen partner was, he chose Maggie. To these days, Steven and Maggie remain good friends, and they chat with each other on weibo.

Edited 2012: When they were both in Hengdian to shoot their respective tv series, they met up to play badminton.

Steven: ...It's very strange, on day five working together on Better Halves, we already understood each other very well. 

This scene is definitely for you, you should 发挥 flex your acting chops in here. Conversely, this scene is for me to flex mine. We didn't need to say it, (we knew)

Hostess: She truly gives off an impression of a strong personality

Steven: Her temperament is more forthright. But I got along fine with her. To me, she is a very genuine person. She doesn't know how to conceal her feelings

Hostess: Her temperament is very straightforward. A straightforward temperament can easily offend people

Steven: true

Hostess: Then, would you guys argue?

Steven: I wouldn't. You're blunt, doesn't mean I want to argue with you.

Hostess: So in what way is she blunt?

Steven: She being blunt is just on her own situation, I've never seen her deliberately provoked anybody.

Hostess: provoked?

Steven: She wouldn't make you angry. The requests she made were all concerning her part. Her personality is really very direct. If she is unhappy, she'll really show it on her face. But she is not angry at you. Just don't take it too personally and thought she was. Are you angry at me? And she's a woman, and to me, a woman with such a straightforward personality is quite lovable.

Hostess: No need to second guess, right?

Steven: right, no need to guess.

Hostess: and if she is too overly reticent, then won't even know whether she's happy or not; or what she wants.

Steven: Actually, I want to say something on my partner's behalf. I myself don't think her temper is all that bad. I really don't think so. On the contrary...like in our earlier series, when we did early morning shoots, sometimes she would buy breakfast for me, and of course I would do the same for her too. Sometimes when I was thirsty she would give me her drink. Here, you can have it first. To me, she is quite caring of other people. Well, I guess it all depends on whether there is affinity between two people.

transcribed by: Tamaya 


related material: Steven's interview of Maggie for Sisters' Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment