Saturday, May 28, 2011

reporting of Stevia in Apprentice Chef


Steven and Tavia are so cute. Yay! Tonight's the night, can hardly wait to watch them.




In Cantonese

Love Steven and Tavia's silliness.

Narrator: Today TVB's culinary show, Apprentice Chef2, commences filming so naturally its host, Steven Ma, takes it most seriously.  Dressed entirely in white like a Prince Charming , he has especially invited good friend, Tavia Yeung, as his guest.  Not sure if it was pre-planned or that they were like-minds but Steven's and Tavia's looks today are exactly opposites - a stark contrast in black vs white  - truly a white vs black pairing.

 S: White horse, black sheep. First episode so of course; in my whole new Apprentice Chef 2, I'll invite my good friends for every episode, but basically most of them are females because the chefs are mostly males, so the 'yang' vibe (masculinity) is too strong.  So of course would have to get some pretty women on board.

T: Too much 'yang'

S: So, for the 1st episode since  the 'yang' is so overpowering, how can you not get hold of a 'yeung' (rhymes with 'sheep' and 'yang' in Cantonese)

T: True

R: So there're a horse and a sheep. But what dishes would you make?

T: yee, can we take about it?

S: For this episode, together Ah Yee and I will; in every episode I'll learn some cooking skill. In this episode it will test my knife skill. But it's tough to use a knife together...

T: But I long to marry him so I've decided to cut myself  because he has said that if I cut my hand he will marry me.

S: you..you. you.. Are you currently single?

T: Single, single, single.

R: Single for today only

S: Single or double?

T: Today very single, no double.

Steven and Tavia laugh and jest freely, guess they are not worried at all about having to cook later. Talking about cooking Steven says he has much reservation over Tavia's cooking skill but he highly praises Tavia's mother's cooking skill. (see below news report)

S: Becasue we have collaborated in many series already. One time Ah Yee brought in this big bag of local cakes* made by her mother to share with co-workers. When I ate them I thought they were delicious.  And then the 2nd time, I found out her mother was going to make more snacks to be shared among colleagues. Auntie especially made a big bag of those for me.

T: Yes,

S: Only for me.  Like about 10 to 20

R: like a son-in-law

S: At that time I thought of that too.

hahaha!

S: I thought, yeeee, perhaps auntie wants me as son-in-law?

T: Tonight I really have to bleed?

S: So, perhaps I close my eyes and pricks Ah Yee's finger with a toothpick? Aiya! bleeding!

T: suck (tn: the blood)

S: And I help her suck the blood. And then marry her?

R: If that is true, then so happy.

T: not bad, it's called cooked out a romance.

R: Want to make a series out of that?

T: No need to

S: We're filming it right now.

hahaha

Narrator: Tavia says she is putting her life on risk to be a guest in this show, but to support her friend what can she do.  But it's not easy as a pretty cook because one can easily get exposed unwittingly. Wonder if Tavia has taken precaution against such exposure?

S: The kitchen counter is this high.

T: Want to test it out now?  Just now when I went in to change my clothes they said had to wear low cut clothes.

S: But today's the clothes are your own.

T: Because those they booked for me covered me up to here (neck)

S: And so you become..

T: But I chose one with a lower one.

S: Because you would have some bending over.

T: you said you wouldn't let me do any heavy work

S: That's why I'm doing the bending over cos' my bending over is fine but you remember not to bend when you talk to me.

T: Ok

R: She can pretend to bend over

S: If she bends over to ask me questions, it will be me cutting my finger. Just a glance, wah, aiya.

T: I'll try my best. If he bleeds, I'll marry him.

R: A turnaround.

S: That means I'll be married into your family name.

T: So, take up my family name

S: Hah? I can't

T: Horse and sheep are very matching.

S: both imprisoned on a farm.

*(茶果 = tea time snacks)


*******************************************************
snippet from a different news report: tvb reporting of same interview

Steven: Tavai's mom is a very good cook but as for Tavia.., 

Interviewer: like mother like daughter 

Tavia: My cooking is not bad. 

Steven: You've never cooked for me 

Tavia: I'll cook for you tonight 

Tavia says she and Steven have previously made a pact so that she will feel reassured as a special guest for the program.

Steven: In every episode there is a special cooking skill, this one will feature the cutting skill... 

Tavia: But I really want to marry him, so I decide to cut myself, because he said if we cut ourselves he will marry us home. 

Steven: what marry you all? 13 of you, how to marry all of you? Only marry you! 

Tavia: Marry the first one and the last one. 

Steven: Marry you? Are you single? 

Tavia: I'm single! haha! 

--- below news report video is of the same event - but reported in Mandarin




credit: 30fen.com website in Mandarin

No comments:

Post a Comment