Sunday, August 28, 2011

hits on tvb.com mytv

As of 8/28 10:52 pm Sentinel still has the most hits at 2,133,387
Truly the word of mouth is amazing effective publicity tool.

27 Aug 11, 05:33 PM
lizzy: hey tamaya, I checked older news, in TVB history, there isn't any series in the past that ever reached 4 million hits in 24 hours on MyTV!! It broke all records!This year only Yes Sir, Sorry Sir reached 3 million, while record holder was last year's No Regrets with 3.7 million... hmm, although Sentinel didn't have high TV ratings, but MyTV views shows us that the finale did have a great impact!

Tamaya: Wow! I did not even know that those hits were from tvb.com mytv.  I thought Steven and fans got them from a mainland website.   Since I'm overseas I can't watch the mytv videos, that's why I don't visit that page.  Thanks, lizzy, for the news. Sweet! 

I like Steven-Selena pairing but I wish they had more screen time as a couple.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, it's TVB's MyTV ratings. I'm from overseas too, so I can't watch the videos. But I think the counter checks every hit of the video webpage, even though the video itself didn't load. But I'm not sure, I just refresh a few times whenever I'm online. Hope it helps!

    Does Steven know it exceeded 4 million hits yesterday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And today (2nd day after the broadcast of the final episode), it exceeded 2 million hits already! :D I almost can't believe it. Is it suddenly so popular among the netizens?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it must be all the positive and quite exhilarated comments on weibo and baidu tvb that have piqued their curiosity. I don't browse HK discussion forum because the forumers in there hate Steven, never have a word to say for him.

    No matter what, I take it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first day after the final episode broadcast (saturday): 4027117
    The second day: 2286707

    These numbers are around 11.50pm HK time or so, because it's dinner time for me I'm not able to collect the latest hits number before the counter resets at 12.00.
    However, I asked someone to note it down.

    Happy to see it exceeds the numbers of LOO. But Sentinel's problem is that only episode 26 has exceeded 1 million, whereas the rest are 600.000 or less. LOO's episodes all passed 900.000. That's why I find it so strange.

    ReplyDelete