Wednesday, August 10, 2011

One Pen Ma:Alienation

One Pen Ma- August 11 2011


To alienate one from another
挑撥離間

Recently, a magazine reported that a former colleague of mine has resigned in anger because she could no longer stand my various capital punishable heinous crimes. Looking at the article format, it was so structured as to make people think that my former colleague had leaked the information to attack me! Frankly, I am not angry at all, on the contrary, I smiled instead!

That colleague and I have known each other for many years, and colleague is just one of our status. Our friendship runs deep between us. A long acquaintance, abundant collaborations; we have full mutual understanding and trust of each other. Of course, at work there would be the inevitable occasional arguments and disagreements, but the mutual understanding and trust were always there.

How many years we had stuck together through thick and thin, how many travails we had gone through together; the confidence and trust were all accumulated through the attestation of sweat and tears. That article seems to attack me but actually it strives to alienate us from each other.  Ai, that 立心神奇 friend (reporter), us not working together does not mean we are no longer friends, likewise, parting does not mean falling out!  Between people, the relation can be beautiful, why always precedes with malice? With crooked heart to scheme against people?

Today, that colleague, that friend, chooses to further her studies, to undertake a job that she is most familiar with and most interested in.  I am very happy for her and also very supportive. If people can mix job and interest as one, that is truly a very happy and enjoyable thing to do. Here's wishing that colleague, that friend, smooth sailing in all her endeavors!

Fate comes fate goes, fate goes and fate returns!


蓉蓉細語 8/11/2011 Have known Ma Zai (Steven) for a long time, we shared mutual understanding and trust. At work would always inevitably have arguments and disagreements, but we have always trusted each other.  How many years we had stuck together through thick and thin, how many travails we had gone through together; the confidence and trust were all accumulated through the attestation of sweat and tears.  Not working together does not mean no longer friends, does not mean falling out. Looking forward to realizing heart's desire, fate leaves fate returns. Thanking my food friend for his best wishes.

TN:  Tsui Yong Yong posted the above entry on weibo. When I first read her entry I was impressed by how well she expressed herself esp. that italicized phrase but that was before I knew she was actually just reiterating Steven's own writing from his One Pen Ma column.


For those who are interested in knowing more about Tsui Yong Yong and how she became Steven's personal manager and director of his publishing company. She is a former well respected director of Ming Pao Interviews Dept. It was the love of the Chinese Language and writings that brought together, just like how for the very same reason, Steven latter became good friends with Eunice Lam.

From old news report written by Eunice Lam Yin Nei
link on sm fansblog
I (Eunice) met him (Steven Ma) at one of Ming Pao’s 《明报周刊》elaborate, grand banquets. Celebrities giving Ming Pao’s face attended in droves.
............
I believe it was fate. A former Director of Ming Pao’s Interviews Dept., Tsui Yong Yong brought Steven Ma before me. She resigned 10 years ago. I had never met her prior to this. That night, Ming Pao’s Executive editor-in-chief, Zhou Jun Huan, did the introduction: “This is Ah Shi,” said Ah Huan. : “This is Ma Chun Wai. He would like to speak to you,” said Ah Tsui. A stranger introducing yet another stranger; interesting.

"Ah! You’re Tsui Yong Yong. Ten years ago when Ma Zai lost his mother, you did an interview with him. You wrote: "This child this and that. We’ve already met through your words.” (TN: Must commend on Ms. Lam’s eidetic memory.) Then I said: “I also wish to interview Ma Chun Wai.”
.......
He looked me up to discuss writing. Tsui Yong Yong assists him in his publishing company as well as in other matters. Ah Tsui told me: “Actually, Ma Zai is my boss.”
**************************


link to "Rambling" by Tsui Yong Yong
Steven and I officially became employer–employee almost 7 years now. Many friends at seeing us, one old one young, always together due to work, would wonder and ask: “Why quit your job as a reporter to go gallivanting with a young artiste, for what reasons?”

Journalism, a profession I was in for over a decade; it had fertilized my personal growth. My life experiences had all come from it. How could I not love it, how could I not be nostalgic for it?

Year 2002. At my news reporting job, I was burn out and weary; my health deteriorated day by day, and my physical strength was failing. Steven loved and still loves the publication work; he offered me a learning experience; I, of course, would love to have it.

Never thought in that one trial, besides publication duties, I also had the learning opportunity to handle contracts on his behalf, and accompany him to complete every one of his performing obligations. During this period, only then did I see firsthand the hardships and toils of an artiste.

In the past, as reporter, I was always outside looking in at false images and impressions. Now, having toured this entertainment amusement park without the pressure of reporting duties and being able to observe the shooting of series, I’ve learned a lot, and the new experiences gained are broad, one have to experience in order to understand and empathize.

Over the years I have seen the sorrows and hardships of many an artiste. Honestly, without an iron will, this line of work is not easy to stomach. I, more than ever, have gained a greater respect for the people working in the artistic field because I’ve seen the toils of a group of artistes. Truly not easy to endure!
..............
This, is the reason why I love my present job. Thinking back, I used to only see the rain through a glass window, today I am in it, so am able to truly appreciate the many facets of an artiste. What I have gained is so much more than from before.

**********************

挑拨离间
近日有杂志报道,指我的前同事因受不了我各种各样理应问斩的滔天「罪行」而愤然离职!看杂志的铺排,有让人以为是我前同事向该杂志「放料」攻击我的联想!坦白说,我一点都不气,反而笑了!
我和那位同事相识多年,而同事也只是其中一个身份,我俩之间有着一份很深厚的朋情。相识久了,合作多了,彼此有着很十足的了解和信任。当然,在工作上总偶有争论和分歧,但彼此间的互信,一直都在。
多 少年,同甘共苦,一起走过多少崎岖险径!所有的信心和信任,都是在汗和泪的见证下累积而成的。那篇报道,看似攻击我,实际目的是挑拨离间。唉!那位立心神 奇的朋友,我们不合作不代表不相知,离开也不代表反目!人与人之间,关系可以是美好的,善良的,何以总以恶念先行? 以歪心谋人?
今天,那位同事,那位朋友选择去读书进修,去从事她最熟悉又最感兴趣的工作,我非常替她高兴,也很支持。人能够把工作和兴趣混为一体,实在是赏心乐事,在此祝福那位同事,那位朋友事事顺心!
缘来缘去,缘去缘又来!

No comments:

Post a Comment