Saturday, November 5, 2011

One Pen Ma: Talk on the phone

source: Clear Newspaper
11/27/2011
column: One Pen Ma

Friends who know me know that I have this proclivity, which is, I don't like to talk on the phone. f there is a lengthy conversation then wait until face to face to talk in length; if there is information to impart then best to use text message.  Of course, this does not include some causal chats or greetings, but as to chatting over the phone, I truly do not enjoy it all that much.

I recall when I was a salesman and had to talk to customers everyday about company business.  In my recollection the longest time I had ever talked to a customer was about 4 hours.  When I finally hung up, the receiver was burning hot; my ear all red; and my head all swollen. Maybe because of this past experience, I now scared of talking in the phone.

With the advance technology, communication through phone is common and a necessity.  Hence, telemarketing of all kinds of products and services is becoming very common.  Of course, receiving such calls in inconvenient time and improper places will evoke inconveniences or exasperation.  But thinking deeper, that unknown salesperson from the phone has to constantly make these phone calls daily and talk in the phone.  I believe the ratio of them being hung up on or being scolded cannot be low.  Comparatively, this job is truly not easy.

---more--- in Chinese

source link

著有社会实况系列:《点解要自杀?》、《我是病人家属》、《向好走 向坏走》,以及《马仔眼中的女人》、《图文并谬》、《马浚伟自在饮食态度》等书。曾于06年获得TVB我最喜爱的电视男主角。

话说电话

认识我的朋友都知道我有一个习惯,就是不爱讲电话。

若有长话要说,那就见面详谈。若有资料要相告,那最好用短讯。当然,这不包括一些闲聊和问候,但对于在话筒中聊天,我真的不享受。

记得以前当业务员,与客人电话交谈绝对是每天的例行公事。印象中,最高纪录与客人在电话中聊了4个多小时!挂线后,话筒发热,耳朵发红,头也涨涨的。也许正因曾经沧海,就是怕讲电话。

科 技发达,电话通讯已是日常、也是必须的。因此,各种各样透过电话作产品或服务的推广活动也愈见普遍。当然,若在不适当的时间地点收到这类电话,也许会引来 不便或感觉烦人,但细心想想,话筒中那不认识的推广员,每天从早到晚不停拨电话、讲电话,相信他们被挂线或挨骂的机率绝对不低。将心比心,这工作,其实也 真不易啊。

本文经授权,转载自《晴报》。

No comments:

Post a Comment