Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Goodbye for Now, TVB

Clear Newspaper
March 8th 2012
One Pen Ma column
Writer: Steven Ma


Goodbye for Now, TVB.
暫別 TVB

March 1s is my temporary separation date from TVB.

I have stayed in this place that is both my alma mater and also my maternal home for 18 or so years.  In 1993, I entered the industry and signed a singer contract with TVB, several years later I amended the contract with an actor addendum. In 2006, the contract was changed to a full management contract.  In the blink of an eye, all these have now become the past.

I, from an unknown nobody to today slightly well known artist, all these TVB gave me. Every training, every opportunity developed me to slowly and gradually grow into a mature artist.  The people and things from TVB, the gratitude and feelings; I remember them all.

Many people have asked me, since you loved TVB so much why leave home then?  Why terminate your contract early?

To make such a drastic decision is definitely not a spur of the moment impulse.  But those feelings inside I seldom speak of them.  Anyway, to each his/her own sweet joys and bitter sorrows. Under the premise of not hurting people, I respect other people's opinions, at the same time, respecting my own feelings.

Today, through this article I want to express my gratitude and to say thank you to my mentor, Catherine Tsang; to Leung Choi Yuen, who treats me like his own son; to Stephen Chan, who kept his words to me; to Chan Fai Gong (tn:Uncle's secretary)  who has expended much efforts on my behalf, and to a group of TVB brothers and sisters who love me and whom I love in return.  Though today we part but as long as people remain, feelings remain and fate remains, we will sure to meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment