Wednesday, April 4, 2012

opm-Couldn't Recognize Sally Yip

Clear Newspaper
4/5/2012
One Pen Ma Column
Steven M

Couldn't Recognize Sally Yip
 認不出葉倩文

This weekend evening went with a group of badminton experts to play badminton, they are either professional badminton instructors or former members of the Hong Kong Badminton delegation team; I benefited a lot from playing with them. When we arrived at the badminton court, with my impatient personality I urged them to warm up quickly so could start playing.  It was after the first set that the funny incident happened!

I walked back to my area, a tall slender woman dressed professional with her hair tied up in a pony tail walked in front of me face to face. She politely and very familiarly said 'hello' to me, and I reciprocated with a smile and nodded my head at her. 

Soon it was mid break, that woman was still on the court, her playing was professional and at the same time laughed incessantly.  I was intrigued so I asked the chairman of the badminton club who was she. The chairman was taken aback and staring at me said: "Sally ya!" "Who?" I asked.  Chairman said: " Yeh (Yip) Si Man ya!"  Hearing that, my face blushed all the way to my ears that I became speechless!

The advantage of playing sports is that it can make people radiant. Sally's radiating youthfulness made me not recognized her.  And so later these two who have known each other for almost 20 years finally 'recognized" each other again.  When she heard this side episode she laughed uproariously. 


Link to Steven and Sally's duet in Cantonese and Mandarin versions  歡笑之歌

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment