Saturday, April 7, 2012

tvb weekly 772



Linda enlarged pix link

Linda Chung: Ma Zai Accompanied Me Through Stormy Weathers

In Virtues of Harmony 2, there were many good teachers teaching me how to act. I recall this one scene about (Michelle) Hung Bak Lam having a terminal disease so she thought of ways to make Ivan Sze Gee San (Steven Ma) leave her. When she went to the airport to send Ivan off, Steven told me to show my side profile first then slowly turn around toward him and cry, the outcome would be that much more effective.   Even now I still continue using this crying method Steven taught me.

A Journey Called Life 
During this period I was at low tide, also the period my homesickness was really intense. I am very grateful having Steven constantly encouraging me and showing tolerance towards me. In this series, I portrayed a wet miu. (party girl(?)) with lots of family problems. Also had a stillborn scene. The script closely relates to real life. Can be said among Steven and my collaborated works to be my most favorite and satisfied one.

A Watchdog’s Tale 
This series let me see the other side of Steven. I did not expect that shod in flip-flops he could be so uncouth (ma lat) totally departed from his normal refined and polite image. And since this is a comedy, during the shooting my mood was not too heavy.

Ghost Writer
During VOH2's filming I was a rather cheerful woman, but during Ghost Writer's filming it can be said that I fell to the lowest pit. The  years within the entertainment circle were like a rubber band tightening around me; it finally snapped during this period. I realized I was not suited for an entertainment lifestyle plus I didn’t have my family in Hong Kong. I was depressed.  Plus I suffered constant insomnia. And had bad skin. I knew that Steven at seeing me thus was worried but did not know what to do so kept his silence, staying by my side quietly supporting me. Fortunately, now, on the whole, I have re-adapted to this lifestyle. I try to do more stuff that I enjoy. Also know how to better communicate with friends and to share my concerns, so can gradually cross over deep pits. During Daddy Good Deeds’ shooting, Steven finally saw that I had become more and more sanguine. I’m very grateful to this good brother of mine who has always stood by me and supported me.

Linda’s Draw Something for Steven.
Steven is my good brother, who has witnessed my up and down moods since I entered the industry. He has stayed by my side the whole time. Even though he has now left the company I still hope that Steven, who has not only accompanied me throughout my growth but is also a good partner who worked well with me, can return to my side to continue making more good series.

No comments:

Post a Comment