Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Updated 2013-Steven Ma Ascended to 'Principal' Status

Steven Ma Ascended to 'Principal' Status in the Year of the Snake
馬浚偉蛇年任校長  2013-2-14

Steven Ma recently invested a 6-digit figure into his younger sister, Fiona's tuition center, "i.study" Learning Center, so he is now a titular school principal.  Earlier, the center held a simple ribbon cutting grand opening  ceremony with Steven given the honor of cutting the ribbon.  The other investors along with Steven's sisters and their families were also on site for the ceremony.

enlarged photo link
Before his entertainment career, Steven worked as a textbooks salesman, whose work was highly regarded by his boss and his sales results among the top sales of the year. When asked if this (past job) invoked in him a complex? (tn: to the education field) Steven said: "My past involvements in the publishing field and in textbooks did have some connectivity. I've always believed that knowledge can change fate. I know my education level is not high so if I want to enrich my knowledge I must rely on ceaseless self-study such as in: Chinese cultural literature and history.  Also, my younger sister has years of private tutoring experiences, hence has built up quite a clientele. As older brother I must support her. (Would you also teach?) The center has already hired professional instructors but if an acting class is added I don't mind being a guest instructor."

Incidentally, Steven also sent his CNY best wishes to everybody: "Wishing everybody peace, good health and happiness! That Hong Kong's economy will get better and better, and that the quality of life will get higher and higher."



Today is Valentine's Day, so I asked him how he planned to spend it. Steven laughed and said: "Sorry, but I want to reserve some privacy. Anyway, in private and work, I'm very happy.  I wish everybody a very happy Valentine's Day."  




Credit news: wenweipo
credit pix: Mingpaomacao daily2013-2-16 00:07
i.study learning center fb link
related material - Steven Ma as School Principal 2013-1-30

Eta:  Steven's follow-up weibo post  2014-6-2 14:19 The center has been in operation for a year and a half now. Steven is gratified and happy to see the number of students has now grown to over 200 students. He wishes his sister success and that they are now preparing to open a branch soon. 

Steven's follow-up weibo post 2014-6-2 14:19
我這個「哎呀」校長,到妹妹的補習學校了解近況,一轉眼,原來學生已超過二百人,老師也有十多位,看到老師和學生上課時的氣氛,很是感恩!現在,他們正開始籌備開另一所分校,願妹妹一切順利,也要謹守知識與道德建立是同等重要的原則!p.s.祝各位端午節快樂!

2 comments:

  1. steven looks younger, i guess life without tvb is definitely happier for him, that's why I hope that he won't come back to tvb again but I do hope to see him more in mainland drama (those quality one)

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, that. Steven looked extremely youthful and handsome on the mainland variety tv show - Generation Show, and also in his Daojia's concert.

    If back to tvb, it'll most likely as a per series contract tvb actor, and I'm ok with that since he does need to keep his Cantonese speaking fans who can't understand Mandarin or like to watch mainland tv series. I also would like to see him more in quality mainland dramas (than TVB's), preferably at least one time in a wuxia drama, and for him to participate in some grand ancient dramas or to portray some Chinese historical figures, which he has always wanted to.

    ReplyDelete