Friday, September 27, 2013

Silence is Golden

Steven and Albert Au's duet silence is golden on the latter's radio program in 2010.
I assembled the songs sang into an hour medley. Can listen on youtube or here.



Silence is Golden

Cold night wind,
Alone, looking back at old times
Seeing me in the past filled with anger
False accusation and criticism built up grievances in me
Cared too much about rumours and reactions
Learned the lesson, guided by The Book
Now enlightened, no longer self-withdrawn
But feel I know the score, no longer so stupid as before

Wipe off the tears, walk lightly with a smile
Inexplicably, already predestined you be rich or poor
What is wrong can never be right; truth is always true
Say what you will, I'll just do my part

Have always believed that silence is golden.
Right or wrong, let justice decide
Be careful in speech as not to offend
If encounters a storm, don't take it too seriously
Fills the heart with confidence
Ignore sarcasm and questioning
Disregard censure and ridicule
Live life insouciantly
Young people, live life insouciantly
Continue forward march, live life insouciantly.

lyrics by Leslie Cheung
music by Samuel Hui
--- lyrics in Chinese below---
**************************************************************
沉默是金
夜风凛凛
独回望旧事前尘
是以往的我充满怒愤
诬告与指责积压着满肚气不愤
对谣言反应甚为着紧
受了教训 得了书经的指引
现已看得透不再自困
但觉有分数
不再像以往那般笨

抹泪痕轻快笑着行
冥冥中都早注定你富或贫
是错永不对真永是真
任你怎说安守我本份
始终相信沉默是金
是非有公理慎言莫冒犯别人
遇上冷风雨休太认真
自信满心里休理会讽刺与质问
笑骂由人洒脱地做人
少年人洒脱地做人
继续行洒脱地做人

4 comments:

  1. Wow! This is my favorite song! First time I listened to it was 2 years ago, (I think)... Love both music and lyrics! And Steven voice was so fantastic! Thanks Tamaya for reminisce such a wonderful song for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And who was sang along with Steven, Tamaya? I don't remember his name. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is Albert Au. If you haven't already, do listen to the whole one hour of Steven singing live on Albert's radio program. Link's above.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I listened that radio program before! Wow, Thank you for the link so that I can listen it again. All are beautiful songs!

      Delete