Sunday, January 19, 2014

Steven Ma Established Work Studio in Beijing, Xiao Xuan Zi becomes Boss Ma.






ent.qq link 2014-01-13 16:53
马浚伟北上成立工作室 “小玄子”变身马老板
video clips cache  
full length video 明星在身边 马浚伟
pptv website

QQ= QQ Entertainment (Tencent)
S=Steven Ma

Many mainland tv viewers first knew of Steven Ma through this 16-year-old tv series, Duke of Mt. Deer, and later through tvb series got to know him. The winter break is fast approaching, and soon it's the time to once again see “Xiao Xuan Zi” (tn: Steven’s KangXi) on tv reruns.*   As for the real person Steven Ma himself, he is presently here in Beijing to formally open his  “Zhong-Xiang TaoYuan Steven Ma Work Studio”. In 2013 he had a fruitful year up north; in 2014 he plans to branch out his career in different directions; besides filming, music, and book publication, he will also get involve in directing, planning, artists management, and may even do some side business; thus, “Kang Xi” may soon become “Boss  Ma” (lao ban). In this Tencent interview Steven speaks eloquently of his future plans, his fluent Mandarin spoken with hardly any Hong Kong accent will definitely be advantageous to his ventures up north.



Mainland Work Studio has High Flexibility
Following the establishment of his Hong Kong’s “Xiao Ma Work Studio”, Steven set up his mainland “Zhong-Xiang Tao Yuan Steven Ma Work Studio” in Beijing.   He describes this collaboration (tn: with Tao Yuan company) as having a feel of an “instant clicking together” celerity. The investment from Zhong-Xiang TaoYuan’s owner, Chairman Huang Hong, gives Steven a flexibility in which to develop his artistic career.

QQ: What fortuitous circumstances afforded you to establish a work studio in the mainland?

S: Actually, late 2012 I’d already established “Xiu Ma Work Studio” (小马工作室) in Hong Kong, so all along I had this intention.  In the past, there were several companies wanting to sign a management contract with me but I was not ready to commit just yet.  These companies are all excellent and professional but I wanted to test the waters on my own.  Before this, I knew Zhong-Xiang Taoyuan’s owner, Chairman Huang; through a friend he inquired about my situation but at the time I was still with TVB.  Last year we saw each other at Beijing. He initiated the collaboration talk with me. He said: “I'll make an investment so that you can open a work studio." Ten days later he flew over to Hong Kong to talk with me in earnest; very sincere. I felt he had vision and his company had the capability and strength, so within a short period we were already into the contract negotiation stage, in less than six months our contract was finalized.  Our collaboration officially began on Jan 1st 2014.  We are those who clicked instantly.  Indeed, interpersonal relation truly depends on affinity and fate.

QQ: Heard that your work studio will involve movie/ tv series filming and investment, so does that mean you’ll wear different hats besides an actor’s?

S: The issue was indeed discussed in our negotiation talks. The work studio will be autonomous. The company will give me a budget to do stuff such as: directing, producing my own movies, and branching out in different directions. The main thing is, it's great that I’ll have investment funds granted me. (smile)  Actually many ideals can’t be realized without a monetary investment.  Also, I'll be involved in the artists management sector too. (So you will sign up other artists?) Yes, but I think that won’t be until the latter half of the year, would have to wait for operations to get smoothed out first and then will go for it.  I feel that signing up an actor will have some conflict with my own character role.  (smile)  I do have a few female candidates in mind.  I know them all.  I have to be utmost responsible when signing a contract with them, so must have a good plan first.

March, Mandarin Song to Dedicate to Father 
Most people know Steven through TV series but he actually debuted as a singer. He possesses a great singing skill. But in 2003 he began to concentrate more on filming until 10 years later last year (July) he released a new music album (Cherish) incorporating a gospel concept to transmit positive energy. It generated good reviews from the Cantonese speaking regions. Venturing north to further his career, Steven reveals March this year he will plug a new Mandarin song.  Last year his “For Mother: Weary” garnered positive reviews. This time the new song is for his father.

QQ: Year 2013 you did a lot of stuff such as releasing a new music album after a 10-year-lapse.  You debuted as a singer, why waited so long?

S: Actually during the past 10 years I sang too, sang tv series themesongs, and also held concerts and performed on stage in other countries, just that I did not release a music album.  At the time while chatting with the cd records company’s boss, they (tn: the boss and others) said why don’t you release a cd, use gospel as the theme, and thru your artistic medium, spread some positive stuff.

QQ: Indeed, gospel songs and pop singers don’t give off quite the same feel.

S: True, had not released an album for so long, if had me released another pop songs album, there’s not much motivation.  But conversely towards a gospel album there was this sense of purpose and accomplishment.  The responses in Hong Kong and in Guangdong are not bad, but we did not do any promotions here in Beijing.

QQ: So, will release Mandarin songs then?

S: We’re currently preparing a music album; the title song is in Mandarin.  Estimated time of the title song release is March this year.  (tn: Album's estimate release is in June) Its content’s pretty much like before, conveying the message of all that’s good in things - truth, virtue and beauty. Hope everybody will like it.  The title song is not about romance but about my dad. (Last year you wrote about your mom.) Yes, wrote for my mom now will write for my dad, else he’ll be unhappy. Because my mom has passed away but my dad, he is still very healthy. He was a public bus driver for many years and has sacrificed much for our family. Also, have you noticed this, every year people make a big deal over Mother’s Day but for Father’s Day, there’s not much going on. Also, the display of affection for parents differ too. We can say mom I love you but not that easy to say dad I love you. Maybe it’s the problem between men, like how can I hug my dad and say: Dad, I love you. But in truth I love him all the same. 

QQ: Cocoon in a Storm (Property Protector) airs February; acting skill surged

Last year, (sic 2012) Steven filmed “The Legend of Kublai Khan”《建元风云》and “Yuan Yang Pei”《鸳鸯佩》in which he attempted different performing styles and different filming methods that differed from before. When Steven returned to film the tvb series, Producer Leung Choi Yuen, whom he has collaborated many times in the past, felt the difference in Steven’s performance, especially with his restrain in crying scenes.  Steven jests that he has too much snot when he cries. SIAC will air next month on February 17th on tvb Jade channel.  

QQ: You filmed “Yuan Yang Pei” in mainland, portraying two roles with contrasting personalities, what was the biggest challenge at the time of filming?

S: Initially when the company gave me the script, it was for the role of Shen Qi Jun ( 沈其峻) but I rejected that.  It’s not that he is not good but that this kind of character I’ve portrayed too many times already. Even if I’m not bored, the audience might. So I told the director I want to act Tang Ting Xuan and Lai Fu instead.  I felt that though Ting Xuan is an antagonist he is not a bad sort. Being treated by you this way; everybody used me, framed me; even younger brother seeks to kill me; I’m not the biological son and even got booted out; quite pitiful. During filming, the scriptwriter told me she also liked Tang Ting Xuan the most when she was writing the script; he has very realistic human characteristics, not overly fantasticized; In this world, can’t deny that people are selfish.  He (Tang Ting Xuan) exemplifies a real world person.  Many viewers after watching this series all said they feel the most sorry for Tang Ting Xuan. He is truly a tragic character.  I’ve had fun portraying him.

QQ: You have also filmed a pre-modern TVB series too, how different was it shooting tvb period dramas vs mainland's?

S: People seem to have the wrong impression that I’ve filmed many pre-modern period dramas but actually the dramas I filmed are mostly ancient drama, Qing dynasty drama and modern drama.  “Yuan Yang Pei” is in fact my first pre-modern period drama, and following that is SIAC (Property Protector), what we dubbed Early Republican Era drama, and that was because I requested it.  I felt that Zhong Shan costumes suit me. Tis’ odd why previously they did not approach me to film for such era.  After filming “Yuan Yang Pei”, many producers commented that I look handsome in my Early Republican Era makeover.  I said to them you only found out now, isn’t it a bit too late? (smile)

QQ: In SIAC, you collaborated with Uncle Choi and Tavia Yeung again, where does the new spark come from?

S: That day Uncle Choi said to me that after viewing the edited 32 episodes he felt that Steven Ma is different; the eye expression has changed. They (sic) felt I performed that better than before, has a fresh feel to it; the style of my acting deliverance has also changed.  Earlier when filming “The Legend of Kublai Khan”, and “Yuan Yang Pei” I felt the difference between them vs TVB. The acting rhythm and the expression of feeling are all different. Before, I restrained my emotions too inwardly; what?  Want people to examine what’s in your eyes?  In the past I had this conviction, you gotta look into my eyes ya, so can see into my heart to know my feelings. But there isn’t enough time on television for viewers to look into your heart.  But now I feel that I should express my feelings more outwardly; the variations in the expression, skin and muscles all must have.  This time in SIAC, I experienced with this method. The producer and director all said it’s very different.  My first scene shot was that of my back and hands. I was holding a letter.  The director said even Steven’s back and hands were acting. Now, in my crying scenes I tried my best not to let my tears fall.  First sign of tears, I’ll hold them back.  Don’t want too much tears.  Same for nasal mucus, especially since in every crying scene I have lots of mucus. (smile) This character is a soldier. As for my feeling, why don’t you tell me after you finished watching it!

3 Views” Very Positive; Most Want to Work with Xu Zheng (徐峥)
Steven is chatty and knows how to enliven the atmosphere.  During the photoshoot he nonstop played with the stuffed penguin in his hand, and even advised the reporter to get a male penguin to pair up with the one in his hand.  Afterwards, he said why not make it a 12 zodiac set?  But at reviewing his weibo entries, I feel that he is very serious, concern of current affairs and have a sense of responsibility.  When talking to him, (I) felt that this is an artist whose “3 views” are intrinsically positive and upright.  (tn: 3 views = outlook on life, outlook on world view, and values)

QQ: When browsing your weibo, feel that you are very concern about current affairs. You will stand up to express your pov.  Do you feel that an artist should have this sense of responsibility?

S: I believe even if I’m not an artist I’ll still do the same. Many Hong Kong friends must think I’m crazy.  I read the newspaper(s) daily: Hong Kong news, mainland news, international news, save the entertainment news for the last but still will read it.  First, read the social and international news. I especially pay attention to social happenings like earlier there was this young girl beating up a child inside an elevator. I got so angry after reading it. (I saw your repost!) Not only repost but I scolded too. I even used TMD (ta ma de) this kind of (tn: cuss) word. Also charity this kind of stuff, artist or not, still should do.

QQ:  Also your books, they are not pictorial book but rather some casual prose writings and sentiments; feel that you are a very serious person. But at the same you know how to often enliven the atmosphere. So which is the real you?

S: Actually I’m not serious lah! I can only say that my thinking is pretty much universal precepts.  (正规) . Maybe see from a different angle I’m a boring person. I’m particular about self-regulation/ discipline, understand the right and wrong in life.  I will always take that direction. When chatting with friends, they all said what kind of era (tn: we are in) now, they hink I should be a police man. I’m also very punctual, when shooting film I'll never be late.  Now that I’m older, conversely I like to play more. (qq: Opposite from other people, who love to play during school years.)  Because when I was young I couldn’t play.  After Form 5 graduation I worked immediately and in business at that. Also at 16 or 17 years old, I looked like 20 years old. So I didn’t have a wild and reckless juvenile period. When everybody was playing I was already working. As I grew older conversely when everybody was at work I want to play. haha I find myself sometimes very childish.

QQ: Maybe when young had to work to take care of family, because men need their own careers, now stabilized, can relax.

S:  Also can put it this way, my work in the past few years are pretty stable. Step by step development, and now opening a work studio in Beijing, I’ve nothing to worry about. Besides developing new stuff, most important is to play lo! (smile) Besides that I can bring in some promising stuff to do, later you all will see me both as an artist and also as a businessman, such as this one project which I hope will take shape in year end, it involves education. My sister in Hong Kong has opened a tuition/learning center, the teaching materials are excellent. I can bring that in here or maybe in the future even have a “Zhong-Xiang Tao Yuan Steven Ma Learning Center”.

QQ: Do you have a mainland artist you most like to collaborate?

S: Many! Recently I really like Xu Zheng (徐峥) At first because of watching《人再囧途之泰囧》so I watched his past work. This director cum actor, he’s very real and very three-dimensional. The stuff he filmed is quite like western films, different from the usual Chinese style of filming. Truly feel he acted really well.  I’ve also finished watching  “Finding Mr. Right”《北京遇上西雅图》I feel both Frank Wu Xiu Bo 吴秀波 and Tang Wei (汤唯) did well too. I also like Qin Hai Lu. (秦海璐)

QQ:  Your upcoming work is truly worth anticipating, especially with Horse year coming up!

S: Year 2014 is Horse year. My last name is Ma, but I'm not in the Horse zodiac.  Many people say in Horse year, people with last name “Ma” will do well but what’s the correlation ya?  But, for the real Horse zodiac, twin horses galloping as one will speed up.  

Notes: Domd1998 is arguably one of the most popular/beloved reruns on mainland tv local and satellite channels.




腾讯娱乐讯 (文/丁丁(微博) 图/Mango)很多内地观众因为16年前的《鹿鼎记》(黄晓明版 陈小春版 梁朝伟版) 认识马浚伟(微博),并通过TVB剧对他熟识。寒假来临,又到了能在电视台的重播看到“小玄子”的时候,而真身马浚伟,则来到北京为他的“中港桃园马浚伟工作室”做宣传。2013年,他北上拍戏收获良多;2014年则是要在事业上全面开花,除影视、音乐、出书一个都不能少以外,还要涉足导演、策划、经纪,甚至想做点其他生意,“康熙”就这样摇身一变成“马老板”。他接受腾讯娱乐专访,对这些未来侃侃而谈,一口很难听出香港口音的流利普通话,倒真的像是他北上发展的一大优势。

小马内地工作室自由度高

之前,马浚伟与TVB经理人合约到期后,便没有继续签公司,而是想思考自己发展的空间。继香港的“小马工作室”后,内地的“中港桃园马浚伟工作室”也挂牌成立。他形容这次的合作真的有种“一拍即合”的快感,中港桃园的老板黄总在投资时给了他很大的自由度,可以发展演艺事业。

腾讯娱乐:什么机缘想要成立内地的工作室?

马浚伟:其实我在前年年底,就在香港成立了一个“小马工作室”,一直以来都有这个想法。过去的一段时间,好几家公司想跟我签经纪人合约,我个人的想法暂时不想签。那些公司都很好也很专业,可是我就想试试看自己走会怎么样。之前认识中港桃园的老板黄总,他曾经托过朋友问我的情况,可那时我还是在TVB。去年我们在北京再见面,他就主动向我提出想合作,他说:我投资让你开一个工作室吧。十多天后,又飞去香港跟我谈,很有诚意。我觉得他非常有理想,公司也非常有实力,所以谈得很短时间就已经进入合作协议书的阶段,不到半个月合约都搞定了,正式开始是从2014年1月1号起。我们属于一拍即合,人与人之间真的靠感觉和缘分。

腾讯娱乐:据说工作室会涉及到影视的拍摄和投资,所以是有机会做除演员外的其他身份?

马浚伟:当初谈合作的时候的确是有这样的内容。工作室也会自主空间,公司有一个预算给我,可以让我去做一些事情,像导演或者是策划一部我想拍的电影。各种方向都会出现,主要是会有资金给我,就很爽!(笑)其实很多理想在为没有资金而无法实现。也会涉及到经纪的部分。(所以你会签其他的艺人?)对的,可是我觉得应该是下半年的事情。等工作走顺了,就可以实行了。我觉得签男艺人跟我自己的角色有点冲突(笑),心里有好几位女艺人的人选。都是我认识的,跟人家签约要负责任,要有一个好的规划。

三月出国语新歌送给爸爸

虽然很多人是通过电视剧熟悉的马浚伟,但其实他最早是歌手出道,唱功过硬。只不过2003年以后专注于拍戏,直到去年他才又出了十年后的第一张专辑《Cherish》,以福音的概念来传递正能量,在广东话地区反响颇好。如今北上发展,他透露将在三月推出国语新歌。去年他的《给妈妈的倦》大受好评,这次他透露是送给自己的爸爸。

腾讯娱乐:2013年你做了很多事情,比如说10年再一次出了新专辑。对于歌手出道的你,为什么等了这么久?

马浚伟:其实这十年我也有唱歌,唱电视剧的主题曲,在国外也有一些音乐会和登台演出。就是没有再出唱片。这次跟唱片公司老板聊天,他们说不如你再出唱片吧,用福音来做主题,从我艺术的层面,把一些好的东西传递出去。

腾讯娱乐:福音的主题跟流行歌手的感觉确实不太一样。

马浚伟:对,太久没有出唱片,让我自己再做一张流行唱片,没有太大的冲动。反而对一个福音唱片,很有使命感和成就感,在香港和广东一带的反应都比较不错,可是北京这边就没有宣传。

腾讯娱乐:那会出国语歌吗?

马浚伟:现在我们已经筹备下一张,主打歌是国语歌。预计今年三月份左右推出,里面还是坚持一些真善美的迅息,希望大家会喜欢。这首歌题材不是讲爱情的,是讲关于我爸爸。(去年你写了妈妈呢!)对,写完妈妈要写爸爸,否则他会不开心!因为我妈妈她已经不在了嘛,可是我爸爸他还是很健康。他开了几十年公车,为我家人付出了很多。而且你有没有发现,每一年母亲节大家都很看重,父亲节就没很大的动静。对父母表达爱的方式也是不同的,我们可以说妈妈我爱你,说爸爸我爱你就没那么容易。可能是男人和男人之间的问题,比如我怎么可能抱着爸爸说:爸爸我爱你。可是我一样爱他。

《守业者》下月开播飙演技

去年,马浚伟在内地拍摄了《建元风云》和《鸳鸯佩》,尝试了以往没有的表演风格和拍戏方式,以至于再回到TVB时,合作了多次的监制梁材远都觉得他变得大不同,尤其是哭戏懂得控制,并搞笑地说自己哭起来鼻涕太多。《守业者》将在2月17日于翡翠台播出。

腾讯娱乐:你在内地拍摄《鸳鸯佩》,是一人分饰两角,性格又很不同,表演时的最大挑战是什么?

马浚伟:当初公司把剧本发给我是想让我演沈其峻。可是我没有答应,我不是说他不好,是这种角色我演太多了,我不闷观众也会闷。就跟导演说我想演唐庭轩和来福。感觉庭轩是反一,但他根本不是坏人,你们这样子对我,所有人利用我、陷害我,弟弟还要杀我,我不是亲生的还要被赶出去,挺惨的。我演的时候,编剧也跟我说写的时候最喜欢唐庭轩,很实在的人性,不会太神化。这个世界上不可以否认人是有私心的,他是现实存在的人。很多人看过这个戏,都说最后心疼唐庭轩。他真的是悲剧人物。我演的时候很过瘾。

腾讯娱乐:你在TVB也拍过年代戏,觉得内地和TVB拍剧的感受有什么不同?

马浚伟:大家好像头脑中都有一个误解,就是我拍很多年代戏,但平时都是拍古装、清装、时装戏。《鸳鸯佩》才是我第一部年代戏,之后《守业者》我们叫民初剧,还是自己要求的。感觉中山装很适合我,奇怪他们以前为什么不找我演。演完《鸳鸯佩》很多监制说我民初造型真的很帅,我说你们现在才发现会不会太晚了。(笑)

腾讯娱乐:《守业者》是你又一次跟材叔、杨怡(微博)合作,觉得新的火花在哪里?

马浚伟:那天材叔告诉我,现在剪出来32集看完,觉得马浚伟不一样了,眼神都变得不同,他们觉得我比以前会演了。有新鲜感,演戏的表达方式也改变了。我之前在内地拍《建元风云》和《鸳鸯佩》,感受了跟TVB不一样的地方。演戏的节奏、情感的表达都不一样。以前我把感情缩得太后面,让观众每一个人都仔细看你眼神里的东西吗?我以前常常这样坚持的,你看我眼睛啊,你看看我心里在想什么!可是电视上没有那么久可以让观众看你的内心。可是现在觉得要把感情往前出来一点,表情、皮肤、肌肉的变化都要有。这次《守业者》就试着这个方向,监制和导演都说不一样了耶!第一场戏是拍我的背面和手,我正在拿着一封信。导演就说,马仔现在连背影和手都在演了!现在哭戏尽量不让眼泪流下来,刚刚出来就使劲收回来。不要那么多眼泪,还有鼻涕,尤其我每一次哭的戏鼻涕都很多(笑)!这个角色也是当兵的,至于感受,到时你看完后可以告诉我!

“三观”很正 最想合作徐峥(微博)

马浚伟很健谈又会搞气氛,拍照时拿着企鹅公仔玩不停,还跟记者说一定要再要一只公企鹅凑成一对,后来又说要不凑成12生肖?不过翻看他的微博,又会觉得他很严肃,关心时事充满责任感,跟他聊天,会深刻的感觉到这是一个骨子里“三观”很正的艺人。而北上发展,他说最想合作的艺人是徐峥。

腾讯娱乐:平时看你的微博,觉得你很关心一些时事新闻,你会站出来表达观点,你是觉得艺人是要有这样的责任感的吗?

马浚伟:我相信如果我不是艺人也一定会这样做。很多香港的朋友一定觉得我是一个神经病啦,我每天都看报纸,香港的新闻、内地的新闻、国际的新闻,娱乐新闻放在后面但也会看。首先看社会和国际新闻,我特别关注一些社会的现象,就比如说之前电梯里面一个女生打小孩,我看完就很生气。(看到你有转发!)不仅是转发,我还有骂,我有用到TMD的字样。还有公益的东西,做不做艺人也该做。

腾讯娱乐:包括你的书,也不是一些写真集,而是一些随笔、感悟,感觉你是很严肃的人。但又觉得你经常很会活跃气氛。究竟哪个是真实的你?

马浚伟:其实我不严肃啦!我只能说我的思想是挺正规的。或许换一个角度我是很闷的一个人,我是很讲究人本身的自律,人生对错要懂得分。我是永远要朝着那个方向去的。跟朋友聊的时候,他们说都什么年代了,认为我应该去当警察才好。我也很准时,拍戏绝对不会迟到。现在年纪大了,反而越来越爱玩。(感觉跟别人是反的,别人是读书的时候爱玩)因为我年轻的没得玩,中五毕业以后就直接出来打工了,而且是做业务,16、7岁就看上去像20岁。所以我没有年少轻狂的岁月,大家都在玩的时候我已经上班了。年纪越来越大了,反而人家都在上班的时候我想去玩了。我发现自己现在有时候很孩子气。

腾讯娱乐:可能年轻的时候要挣钱养家,因为男人要有自己的事业,现在是稳定了下来,就有心情去放松一下。

马浚伟:也可以这样说,我在工作上过去这几年是挺稳定的。一步一步的发展,现在在北京又开了工作室,我没有什么要担心。除了发展新的东西,最重要的就是去玩喽!(笑)除此之外我可以引进一些有潜力的东西去做,以后大家会在内地看到马浚伟做艺人部分,也会看到我做生意。比如说有一个项目,我希望年底会有些眉目,是关于教育的。我在香港的妹妹开了一个补习学校,教材非常好。我觉得可以引进过来,或许以后有“中港桃园马浚伟补习班”。

腾讯娱乐:有没有最想合作的内地演员?

马浚伟:那真的很多!我最近非常喜欢的是徐峥,开始是因为看了《泰囧》,就回去看他以前的作品。这个导演加演员,很真实很立体。他拍的东西其实挺外国片的,一反华人电影的拍摄方式。真的觉得他演得非常好!我也看完了《北京遇上西雅图》,觉得吴秀波(微博)和汤唯都很好。另外我还喜欢秦海璐(微博)(微信号:qinhailu811 ) 。

腾讯娱乐:这些工作还真是值得期待,尤其马年又快到了!

马浚伟:2014年是马年,我姓马,不属马。好多人说,马年姓马的会好啊!这有什么关系啊,不过,真的马年,双马齐驱,速度会更快。

No comments:

Post a Comment