Saturday, February 25, 2012

One pen ma: Use Others' Experiences as Reference

source: Clear Newspaper
column: One Pen Ma
writer: Steven Ma
Date: 2/23/2012

引以為鑑
 Use Others' Experience as Reference

Earlier read the news about Carlos Ng's retina lining sudden detachment. Very worried because this could be serious problem. Only when I found out later that he was fine did I feel relieve. 

Actually, besides my worry for him, there is also this feeling of having experienced the same incident myself.  Many years ago,  when shooting, a horse riding scene in "A Change of Destiny", (tn: 2006) I had an unexpected accident. At the time, I was astride a horse for a scene shot, and the horse because of a blown leaf nicking its eye reflexively reared back its head, and this backward movement smacked right onto my right eye and the right side of my face.  And so my face bones on the right side were slightly fractured, and my right eye swollen to the size of a hen's egg.  At the time, the retina was also injured.  

The crystal fluid (aqueous humor) inside the eyeball was dispersed; the retina was slightly detached; the nostrils inside had accumulated blood; for now no possible surgery for treatment; the condition  had to get well on itself.  But if the flashes in the right eye suddenly increased,  go immediately to the emergency room.... This is what the doctor said to me at the time.


After some many years, the face bones have already healed, the right eye besides the eyeball being slightly indented and seeing occasional flashes, basically suffered no after effects.

Through Carlos and my experiences, I want to remind everybody to carefully protect that fragile window of the soul.  Of course, the same to all parts of the body after all having a healthy whole body is not to be taken for granted.


related material: yahoo blog

No comments:

Post a Comment