Thursday, September 16, 2010

Injury Blessing Occasion !



傷喜臨門!
2006-11-15 18:26

Hi everybody, I’m home!

This November is truly unforgettable to me. What an “Injury Blessing Occasion” month. (Playing on the Chinese idiom “Double Blessings’ 双喜临门) But first, from the bottom of my heart, I thank you all for your support and concern.  Thank you so very much, truly!

Did over a decade of filming; countless horseback riding scenes; too many to count!

I’d never been afraid of horses, or horseback riding, but of this kind of accident, it’s the first!

I remember when the accident happened, I was astride the horse. Heard the word, “action”, acting began. Suddenly, the horse flung back its head, and smacked hard onto the right side of my face. Instant darkness before my eyes. Now that I think back, I believe I must have passed out for about 3-5 seconds, for when I came to my senses, I found my hand pressed against my face. Excruciating pain followed. I remember saying these words, “I can’t hold on,” and proceeded to slip off the horse. Luckily, someone broke my fall and held on to me. (Later, I found out it was the director, my good friend, Sham Zai.) The crew hastily rushed me to the hospital.

Enroute to the hospital, I kept thinking: “Will I lose my right eye? What am I going to do if this eye can’t see?”

Then I thought: If I I’m blind in one eye, can I still act?
And I thought some more: Tomorrow is the award ceremony, how can I attend?

A plethora of questions flooded my mind!

The later details, I’m sure you all know from the media reports!

November 11th – the day of TVB Awards Ceremony; a milestone day in my acting career!

I, sporting an eye patch, accepted “My Most Favorite TV Male Character” award!

The news reported that I was ‘swallowing blood’ throughout the awards night, and ‘swallowing blood’ when receiving the award. They were all true!

Reported that my eyeball dropped 2 mm, that was true, too!
Reported that I was so happy I forgot my eye injury!
When I received my award, I was truly happy, so happy that I forgot many things!

I forgot…
That night, I actually used up 30 plus tissue packages! Don’t get the wrong idea, they were not for wiping tears, they’re for spitting out blood… a bit bloody..hehee. But it’s the truth, so pardon me!

I forgot….
When I accepted the award, I forgot to thank my family, my friends, and ….those who have been quietly and continuously supported me – all of you!

What’s more, I forgot …
To thank the bigger than life persona who had made it possible for my receiving this award ----Shang Zhi.

Not sure what else I forgot; well, to all those ‘forgots’, I would like to say: ‘sorry’ and ‘thank you’.

Well, I will now update on the condition of my eye injury.
My eye has become less swollen. The bloody dripping through the nose has all but gone. But because of a line fracture on the right side of my face, the eyeball has sunk slightly; but outwardly, it can’t be detected, therefore my looks is not affected; which means, I look the same as before. As for eye sight, because the flesh around the eye socket is still swollen, I have double visions when looking at certain angles. But, don’t you all worry, doctor says with some rest to avoid re-injury, the condition will get better.

Come early December, I will start shooting a new series!

This series centers around social dancing, a fresh idea! In the series, I will try out many new stuff, you all will like it!

Once again, thank you all for your concern, and am grateful for your support!

I will continue to work hard!!

source: steven ma yahoo blog

Translator: Tamaya
Related article: one pen ma - experience as reference
In all, Steven has won “My most favorite TV male character” award 4 times since 2001. Starting with: 1) Gan Yuan in On the Track or Off, 2001, 2) Cao Zhi in Where the Legend Begins, 2002, 3) Perish in the Name of Love- 2003, and 4) Shang Zhi - Safe Guards 2006.

Note: Maybe if he was still with TVB in 2004, he might even have won another one for his Quan Jia Fu in Better Halves, or maybe not.

“The award base is casted in real gold; it’s worth over HK$100,000. I’ve won “My Most Favorite TV Male Character” award 3 times in the past years. Moreover, the base is studded with several glittering stars, each estimated value is HK$30,000. It’s quite valuable.” In short, with each award, Steven is richer by over HK$200,000. Friends tease, and advise him to sell off his awards so as to take advantage of the rising gold value right now. He says he won’t, on the contrary, he will keep them safe in a safe deposit box as precious heirloom for his descendants.

--- more-- in Chinese



「傷喜臨門」!
2006年11月15日下午6:26

大家好呀!!!!我回來了!

這個十一月, 真的教我難忘, 好一個「傷喜臨門」月呵!  但, 我首先還是真的要衷心感謝大家對我的關懷與支持! 真的, 真的謝謝了!

拍戲十多年, 拍騎馬戲之多, 數之不盡。

我從來不怕馬, 也不怕騎馬, 但說到發生意外, 這倒是第一次!

記得發生意外的那一刻......我騎在馬背上, 聽到一聲action, 開始演戲, 突然馬的後腦向我的右臉頰一撞, 頓時眼前一黑......現在回想, 我相信當時我大約有三至五秒是失去了知覺的, 之後回過神來, 發覺右手巳经按在臉上, 劇疼隨之而來, 記得那刻我口裡只說著:「唔得喇!」這幾個字, 之後滑下馬, 差點倒在地上, 還好立刻有人跑來抱著我﹝後來得知那人就是導演, 也是我的朋友深仔﹞, 之後エ作人員就把我送到醫院去了。

去醫院的途中, 我一直在想......惨了, 右眼會不會沒了? 以後這隻眼看不到東西怎麽辦?
                          我又想............如果一隻眼看不到東西, 還能拍戲嗎?
                          我再想............明天頒獎典禮, 我怎樣出席呀?!

一大堆的問題突然浮現在我的腦海裡!

之後所發生的, 相信大家都從各大媒體報章上知道了!

十一月+曰, 一個無線電視台的頒獎典禮, 一個我在演藝事業上的大日子!

我以"獨眼龍"的形像, 領取<我最喜愛電視男角色>這個獎項!

報章說我「吞著血」出席須獎禮, 「吞著血」領獎, 這都是真的!

說我眼球下陷了2mm, 這也是真的!

說我開心得忘了眼傷, 這最是真的!

得獎當晚, 我真的很開心, 開心得忘了很事情!

                           我忘了......那個晚上,我竟然用光了三+多包面紙! 別想錯, 不是用來擦眼淚, 是用來"吐血"的!唔.......有点血腥.......嘻嘻, 可這都是真的, 別介意!

                           我忘了......我拿獎時, 我忘了謝謝我的家人, 我的朋友, 還有.................一直默默支持我的「你們」!!

                           我更忘了...謝謝一個使我能拿到這一個獎項的靈魂人物-----尚智。

不曉得還有什麽忘了, 那就向所有"忘了"的, 都說聲抱歉, 也說聲謝謝!

好了, 說到這裡, 還是要向「你們」報告一下我的傷勢。

我 的眼睛現在已经消腫許多了, 鼻腔也只是偶然有血絲流出。 但由於右臉骨有一道裂縫, 引至眼球有些微下陷, 但從表面上是看不出來的, 所以不會影響外觀, 那.......就是說樣子跟以前一樣! 至於視力, 由於右眼窩內的肌肉組織還是腫漲, 所以當我用眼觀看某些角度時, 會出現叠影的情况。但, 大家別擔心, 醫生說這段時間只要好好休養, 避免再傷及舊患, 這些情况便會漸漸改善。

十二月初, 我就要開拍新的戲了!

這是一部以社交舞為題材的劇集, 很新鮮呢! 戲裡面, 我會有很多新嘗試, 你們一定會喜歡的!

最後, 再一次謝謝你們的關心, 感激你們的支持!

我會努力的!!
小馬

No comments:

Post a Comment