Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Translation: For Mother: Weary

Translation subject to revision.
Melody/lyrics:  2 Buffaloes
Music arranger/producer: Adky Wun
Singer: Steven Ma
Voiceover: Siu Gam Ji
Title: For Mother: Weary

Voiceover 1
So long you heart still misses mama, no matter where she is, she will always know.

Voiceover 2
Remember, so long you have this belief, the one you love, (you) will certainly meet again.

Though didn’t want to but still encountered, unwilling but had no choice
Had also tried desperately to calculate every single minute
*This moment both hands still warm, turn around, they weren't
Had said love you forever, unwaveringly in this lifetime

Listening to your most favorite record, that song is ever changing.
The leaves continue to fall; the stars broke apart; a bone-weariness no one comprehends. 
Studying the sepia photo, the sound of laughter as if at the ears.
The heart at this moment fills with doubt, don’t know what to do.

**I love you, you must know that always, unfortunately separated too far apart
Mired in pain eddy, who can accompany me I'm yet to find out.
I love you, you must always know that; even if ephemeral like snow
So long the heart has this yearning, you and I will surely meet again*

Reunited at His heavenly home, you and I will finally meet again.


NOTE:
Before I didn't quite know what to make of this sentence:  那片葉再下墮星也碎 
edited 5/12: But now I do. That phrase is a direct reference to the lyrics in Deanie Ip's "Weary". 

--- Chinese --



給媽媽的「倦」

作曲/作詞:二牛
編曲/監製:溫應鴻
主唱:馬浚偉
旁白:小金子

雖不想但仍遇見 不捨也沒得選
也試過拼命計算 一分半刻不少
這刻雙手仍熱暖 轉身已不知曉
說過愛你到永遠 這一生不會變

聽聽你最愛唱片 那闕歌也在變
那片葉再下墮星也碎 倦極也無人知
細看那變黃照片 那笑聲似在耳
這刻的心變得猶疑 不懂怎麼去算

我愛您您永遠要知 可惜分開太遠
沉淪在痛苦裡旋 誰能伴我我仍待揭曉
我愛您您永遠要知 那怕頃刻似(變)雪
只需心中有思念 我與您終必再見

他朝天家裡相遇 您與我終於再見

**********************

singer: Deanie Ip
Title: 

夜 星星結聚 紅葉 倚星半睡
我在繁星夜裡 曾共他共醉
但 星不再聚 紅葉 風中跌墮
我問寒風葉絮 誰令他別去
* 我知一切來日可淡忘
淚水會漸干 我只不滿時日彷彿停頓
容人偷回望 夜 可知我累
無力忍眼 厭在無聲夜裡
無聲獨去

5 comments:

  1. Wow, thank you very much! What a moving lyrics!
    And if you have time, please translate the voiceover in middle of the MV. Her voice is really warm, I enjoyed listening to her too.
    Thank you in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had did a Vietsub-kara for this MV. (http://youtu.be/uSQmg8wpszA)
    Truely thank you for translating the lyrics into English, then I can base on it to translate into Vietnamese. ^^. Again, I am highly appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crystin: I've watched it, good job! I myself don't know how to sub.

      Delete
    2. I use Aegisub software to make subtitle. Google its name then download it and google again how you can use it. I just figured how, a few weeks ago. ^^.

      Delete