Thursday, September 12, 2013

Steven won't be in the 2014 TVB calendar photoshoot

Today, (my) mood is extra good.  Here's a Heavenly Horse Meoter Fist [哈哈] P.S. My thanks to TVB for inviting me to the calendar photoshoot but I'm currently in Beijing, so can't make it. Sorry, sorry! 今天心情特別好,來個天馬流星拳[哈哈]p.s.謝謝TVB邀請我回去拍月曆,可我在北京真的走不開,抱歉抱歉!






YES! Good for you, Steven.  TVB wants you but you don't need them. Be your own man.
Incidentally, very different from my own reaction, his baidu fans are disappointed that Steven won't be in the photoshoot. Unlike me, they had been looking forward to seeing his handsome face gracing the calendar.

related link on editorial commentary

4 comments:

  1. I happy like crazy when see he weibo that!!!!! I am with you Tamaya!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and I both, and llwy12 too I bet! High 5!

      Delete
    2. Yup! Absolutely ecstatic! :-)

      My guess is that those who are disappointed with him not being in the calendar shoot are the same ones who don't want him to leave TVB because then they won't be able to see him on TV. To me, that's being too superficial (no offense, it's just how I feel). In my opinion, Steven should take the path that's the best for his career and personal development (especially now when he has the opportunity to choose), not the path that will best please others who don't truly care about him or those who have ulterior motives (i.e. TVB, who just want him because of the profit he can rake in).

      Anyway...great to see Steven not participating in the shoot!! Yay (high 5 to both of you)!!

      Delete
    3. Yes, they are those who don't want Steven to leave TVB, worried that his mainlnd foray may gradually 'destroy' him cos' 'water there is too deep and muddy'. They also worried that ambitious, unscrupuluous 北姑 (mainland females) may lay their greedy hands on 'innocent' Steven using their fabricated 非闻 (tabloid gossips) to advance their careers. Or that Steven may actually hook up with one 北姑 (horror), or worse, even marry a 北姑. Unthinkable! lol! Yep - Lots of worries for the mainland fans! So better keep innocent Steven safe in TVB in Hong Kong. As they see it, between two evils - tvb and Hong Kong are much more safer for Steven than the murky deep waters of the mainland and its entertainment industry. I do empathize with their concerns but Steven is a grown man and an intelligent one at that.

      Delete