Thursday, September 16, 2010

Chinese Hamlet

王子復仇記
2007-11-05 01:34
Theatre performing is awesome!

Say performing, perhaps that’s not exactly correct, it’s still rehearsals for me; say performing? Way too soon yet.

It’s less than 20 days away from opening night. I’m getting more nervous, and also more excited.

The rehearsal has been ongoing for almost 2 months now. The details of its passage are impossible to put into words.

Bitter? Or Sweet? Happy? Or Worry? Difficult? Or Tough…all these and more can’t even begin to describe my feelings adequately!

Per theatre performance, I am but a novice.
Per Shakespeare, I am but a Han outsider.
Per Cultural Centre Theatre, it’s my very first on its stage floor.
To act the role of Prince Huan, I am, undoubtedly, truly lucky.

I heard most theatre actors considered the role of Hamlet as the biggest challenge, and also an honor!


Oh Heavens, I’ve but my TV acting experience, such as it is, with no formal acting training, at that; it’s my theatre performance debut, and yet I’m so lucky as to play the role of Hamlet; if this is not pure luck, then what is it?

I’m not being self-deprecating; but theatre and TV performances, despite some minor similarities, are worlds apart.

Moods interpretation? Emotion expressions, Body movements and posture? Positions and placements? Acoustics technology, all these skills, (maybe should say), all these notions depart greatly from what I had learned or understood before. Truly, given the short time period, I have had problems adjusting.

Maybe, this is Heaven’s gift to me.

I’ve never attended any acting classes, or studied acting fundamentals; perhaps, ‘The Tale of the Prince's Revenge', is the start of my new chapter, a portal key.

I’ve been in the entertainment circle for almost 15 years: I’ve learned a lot, but never too much, in fact, it’s never quite enough!

Acting is like studying; learning has no boundary. Given such an opportunity to learn, to perform, what else can I say or ask for?

I would like to thank the whole cast and crew of ‘The Tale of the Prince's Revenge', especially Director Mai, (Sir Mai/Teacher Mai Qiu) and Professor He Wen Hui.

Sir Mai, your open-mindedness, your acumen, and your passion for theatre all truly moved me! To be part of your show, and afloating on cloud nine, I’m beyond ecstatic.

Professor He, your expertise and erudition on Chinese culture and Chinese language have my utmost respect! It is such an honor to have known such an esteemed teacher like you. Hmm, compared to you, I’m like a mole hill to your Taishan, a water puddle to an ocean. Haha! You taught me to discard my school bag – here it goes! Heehee!

Of course, I want to once again thank the whole troupe of cast and crew members, how to thank? Hm.. how about in my next write-up, I’ll post their names alongside their pictures, ok? Haha!

P.S. What are my feelings at performing 'The Tale of the Prince's Revenge', let me just say this: “The feelings can't be expressed or shared in words, they have to be experienced."


translator: tamaya
--- more--- Chinese


演舞台劇, 真的非常有趣! 說演, 也許不太準確, 於我而言, 暫時還在排練階段, 說演? 現在還早。

距離公演日期, 不到二十天, 心情越來越緊張, 也越來越興奮!

排練至今已快到兩個月了, 過程中的點滴, 實在難以形容。

說苦?是甜?說喜?是憂?說艱?是難......這些, 都未能道盡我所感!

於舞台劇, 我是初生孩兒。

於莎士比亞, 我是門外漢。

於文化中心大劇院, 我屬初踏台板。

於能演譯劉垣一角, 無用置疑, 我是幸運的。

我聽說, 幾乎所有舞台劇男演員, 都以能演"Hamlet"一角為最大挑戰, 也是一種榮幸!

天啊, 我這個只能說在電視台裡有丁點演戲經驗, 更是半途出家的演員, 初踏舞台劇台板, 就有幸演譯"Hamlet"一角, 不說是福氣, 還能說什麽?

我絕非妄自菲薄, 只是, 舞台劇跟電視劇, 除了可以說是有異曲同工之妙以外, 其餘的? 都是大相徑庭。

情緒演譯? 情感發放? 肢體動作? 走位動機? 聲線運用等, 這些技巧, 也許, 該說是理念, 與我過去所學所悟的, 都有莫大差別。的確, 我在一時之間, 難以適應!

或許, 這就是上天送給我的禮物。

我沒有上過演技課, 也沒有真正的從基礎開始去學習演戲, 這一次, 這部"王子復仇記", 也許就是我新生的開始, 是我新生的門匙!

在演藝圈快十五年了, 學了不少, 但絕不多, 就怕未夠多!

演戲如讀書, 學海無涯! 能有這樣的機會, 讓我去學, 去演, 夫復何言?

很感謝是次"王子復仇記"台前幕後一衆人員, 特別是導演麥SIR(麥秋老師)和何文匯博士。

麥SIR, 您的開明,您的細膩情懷, 加上您對戲劇的熱誠, 實在教我感動! 能參演您導的戲, 叫我樂在其中之餘, 更感痛快!

何博士, 您對中國文字, 中華文化認識之淵博, 實在教我肅然起敬! 能認識您這樣的一位賢師, 絕對是我的榮幸。唔......何博士和小馬相比, 簡直是泰山之於丘垤, 河海之於行潦。哈哈, 你教我掉書袋, 那就掉一下! 嘻嘻!

當然, 我還要再一次感謝一衆前輩後輩演員和工作人員, 如何感謝? 唔......下一篇文章, 我就把他們的照片和名字全部上載上來, 好嗎?哈哈!

p.s.我演這"王子復仇記"的內心情緒是什麽? 告訴你, 是"胸中涇渭, 皮裡陽秋, 不足為外人道"。 嘻嘻

No comments:

Post a Comment