Saturday, September 4, 2010

xu zhimo" Happenstance" 偶然

Steven says he is reading up information on Xu Zhimo. Wonder why?

Posted 04 September 2010 - 12:45 AM
Posted Image

Steven weibo: 2010/9/04 7:20

"Happenstance" 
I'm a cloud in the sky, 
by chance casting a shadow on your heart wave
don't be surprised, or be elated  
I'll be gone before you know it.
We met at sea late at night 
you have your destination
I have mine.
Fine, if you remember
better, if you forget
the sparks of this encounter 

偶然
我是天空裡的一片雲
偶爾投影在你的波心
你不必訝異無須歡喜
在轉瞬間消滅了蹤影

你我相逢在黑夜的海上
你有你的我有我的方向
你記得也好最好你忘掉
在這交會時互放的光亮

youtube  music composed and sang by: Chelsea Chan
lyrics/poem by: Xu Zhimo (1897-1931), famous China writer and poet

Xú​ Zhì​mó​'s life story was made into a China tv series starring Zhou Xun, 黄磊、刘若英、伊能静
I've watched it and I did enjoy watching it despite its extremely slow pace. And 黄磊 was very good looking then.

My preferred rendition is by  by 张清芳


No comments:

Post a Comment