Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Steven's heart condition - on marriage

 6/18/2013 orientaldaily.
oncity


Steven Ma's Heart Condition
心臟神經短路 馬浚偉:我隨時死

C= Leila Chow Mui Fung
S = Steven Ma

*********************************************
C= Heard you're going to release a music album soon.

S = Actually I entered the industry as a singer. I've already released 14 albums altogether! Before that I was first a textbook salesman and then a plastic materials salesman. During my spare time I entered all kinds of singing competitions, in all I competed 44 times to finally win the (3rd) Pioneer Championship in 1993, and thru it entered the music industry. This time around, I'll release a hi fi quality cd with 11 songs,  8 of which are Christians songs, and 5 composed and written by me.

C: Does your belief have anything to do with your mom?

(tn: I suspect the the paragraph below is a summary, not an actual verbatim quote from Steven. (Either summarized from the below audio clip of another interview, or summarized from Steven's words in this interview. )

S: After all that stuff my family went through, I decided to convert to Christianity five years ago.  I was six years old when my mom had cancer. I could not bear it (ng gam sum). I saw her relapsed (3 times); lost her sense of smell, her hearing, her vision, and her ability to eat. One time when having dinner together she suddenly spurted blood.  This kind of scene you would think could only happen in films.  My mom later passed away in 1999. A year later, my maternal grandmother also spurted blood in from of me, and she, too, passed away later (tn: 2002).  That night I even had to shoot a wedding scene. (tn: pitnol) And henceforth, I suffered wide mood swings.  Drank from day to night. Could cry only when drunk. (para 3) I myself have this heart abnormality whereby my nodes in the heart can suddenly short-circuit.  There was this one time when I played badminton and had forgotten to bring my meds along.  I passed out and almost died. 晕喺地、差啲死 But I will not because of this condition limit myself, I'll continue to shoot action scenes and scenes with wire assistance. ref: audio clip link

What Steven dislikes most is to be disturbed when he is working - even girlfriend, doesn't matter - he will not tolerate the distraction.  "When working, whether studying the script or writing the lyrics, better don't bother me, if disturb I'll get angry.  Whether girlfriend or friend, all should be mutually considerate of each other." Steven says that he is not scared that if married late he won't have the energy to bring up his child.  "Because I'm hyper, I don't need much sleep."

Earn Money to Marry Girlfriend
C: You've a chronic health problem and have lost someone, so how come still not ready to start your own family? You've a girlfriend ma! Still the same one in the red wine business, right?  How's your relationship with her now?

S: We've an understanding I won't talk too much about us.  For now, everything's fine.  Definitely want to start my own family plus I love children, but need the right timing. 

C: Women have time constraint conceiving a baby.

S: She and I, we share a common goal. Within a year or two we each can accomplish what we set out to accomplish. If all go according to plan, I think we will be very happy.

C: So have a plan already. In other words, you are sure your current girlfriend will be your marriage partner?

S: Either I don't get married at all or if I do, it will definitely be with her. Nowadays, my daily life consists basically of working 365 days, even my time with my girlfriend is limited. During the past 5 or 6 years I've been learning nonstop the behind-the-scene work such as cinematography, script writing, and editing. I hope that one day when I have a family I can make the transition of filming just a series a year, and spend the rest in either directing or script writing thus enabling me to have more control of my time with my daily life.

C: Actually why the wait to get married?

S: Well, I'm not someone who would get married twice, so must plan carefully all details.  Right now I live with my family, when I get married the family members will continue to live in the present apartment, I myself will move out to another in the same neighborhood.  My personality is such that I will not use a penny from a woman.

C: So, you won't allow your other half to help you with the mortgage?

S: Isn't it more impressive if I can buy the apartment all by myself? I admit my sense of responsibility is extremely strong.  For people I love I willingly shoulder all responsibility. When I marry a wife,  I would never use her money because during my growing years, my father was the sole breadwinner and my mom did not have to work outside. Even though I have 3 older sisters but since young, I made most of the decisions at home.  We have a monthly family get-together, and we now have 14 members in the family, I paid for every meal, the reason being it's a habit.  (tn: not only a habit but his wont to pick up the tabs because he has said on a radio interview he'd rather pay than have people paid for him. Hence, why how he paid for all the production wrap-up dinners.) Anyway for people I care about, I'm fine with it.

C: So, girlfriend did not protest?

S: I don't think the person who married me (spouse) can't accept that. She must not be petty with my family members or I'll get mad. (tn: Yaks! Definitely not easy to be Steven's wife. She's not only marrying him but his whole extended family too.)  But then again, I treat her family members like they are mine.  During her mother's birthday I bought a good quality gold piece for her as present. My whole family has never fought over money.  Anyone with financial problem I'd write her a check. (tn: What a brother!)

C: When you have financial problem,would you family members help you out willingly too?

S: I'm fortunate there's no such need because I only would dare to spend $3 out of $10 that I earn. 

Anticipation will only lead to Disappointment
C: Last year, you prematurely terminated your contract with TVB, were you very unhappy?

S: Our work ideals were not on the same wavelength. There was stuff I wanted to attempt but the company was against it. After maintaining the status quo for a period of time I finally decided to temporary leave.  Although I would miss the company my mood was light.

C: You've won TVB most favorite tv male character awards many times but always don't have the fate with the tv king throne,  有冇唔甘心?

S:  Siu la! (Forget it lah!) Honestly, nobody would mind getting crowned. But if I hold out expectations I'll be only disappointed again and again. If you ask me if I want to have an award, of course, but in the end I don't have any.  I can't control that.  I'm not that angry.   If it is my time to have it then I'll get it. If I never get one but the general public think I deserve one, I'll be most happy.  Never ever shoot a series in hope of getting an award. If think this way, will be painful!

C: So, currently shooting a tvb series ? 

S: Yes, Signed only 1-series-per-year contract. (Tn: Did Steven sign one-series-per-year contract, or did he just sign the contract for just this one series and that's it?) After this series, will return to Beijing to shoot a movie, and later shoot a mainland tv series, and after that will do a series of mini tours. For now, not interested in signing a long term contract.

Afterword
Steven in Leila Chow's eyes -  a promising young man.
I first met Steven many years ago.  When I first met he was already very polite, "Mui Fung jie" here and "Mui Fung jie" there.  He impressed me as a very promising young man and very sincere!  To set up this interview I talked to Steven many times over the phone, and every time he was very warm, and also that he means what he says, as well as follow through with his words.

During the interview, maybe because we are both Chew Chou we got along very well.  Steven has the special characteristics of Chew Chou men, not the rough and coarse kind of benignant Chew Chou men but a gentle, considerate and refined good man who takes his commitment seriously.  I truly believe that Steven will cherish his other half, and I hope they can get married soon. Don't forget to invite at that time!

--- pix below--
first published 6/18/13 11:11 AM

Follow-up report by a different reporter.
secondary source
baidu
不說不知,原來馬仔有收藏名錶及玉器的嗜好,「買錶太嘥錢,依家買少咗,我好鍾意歷史文物,收藏和田白玉及翡翠,仲有三塊豬油膏咁嘅紫光玉,我唔玩車,儲夠錢只會買樓,起碼將來有瓦遮頭。」馬仔任銷售時因應酬需要飲茅台等烈酒,練就如酒筲箕般的酒量,「三支紅酒、半支威士忌、兩打啤酒,是但一樣都隊我唔冧!偶爾有工作壓力,想有少少微醺,但飲極都唔醉,好彩仲有個方法,就係飲香檳!飲少少香檳我就會醉!」

pix above @ news articles
pix below @ news columnist weibo @周美凤leila weibo May 10 2013 18:22
See the changes in her blouse.  lol at Steven's leopard spots outfit and 'matching shoes'.
Wow! The news report took more than a month to be published.



credit: SM HK Fanclub weibo 今天09:18

(「公關界女強人」周美鳳(Lelia)港姐出身、從事公關行業多年,公認為有拼勁及魄力的事業型女性,深得城中名人明星及各大品牌愛戴信任;近年更致力推動慈善工作,回饋社會。敢言而有義氣的她、相識滿天下,主持欄目【鳳旨要講】,奉旨講盡娛圈名流趣聞軼事。)

本周嘉賓馬浚偉(馬仔),自揭身患惡疾,一旦復發,性命堪虞;以及四度獲頒無綫「我最喜愛的電視男角色」獎,卻與視帝獎項無緣的感想。

周:周美鳳 馬:馬浚偉

周:聽聞你即將出唱片。

馬:其實我唱歌入行,我出咗十四隻唱片㗎嘞!我入行前賣教科書同塑膠原料,一有空餘就參加歌唱比賽,前後參加咗44次,到我93年參加先鋒歌唱比賽終於驘咗入行,今次推出有十一隻歌的發燒碟,裏面有八首福音歌,五首係我創作。

周:信仰同媽媽過身有關?

馬:經歷屋企咁多嘅事之後,我5年前決志信基督教,我6歲嗰年媽媽已經患癌,我好唔甘心,睇住佢復發,失去嗅覺、聽覺、視覺,食唔到嘢,有一次食食吓飯,媽媽噴血,呢啲畫面你以為拍戲先有,媽媽最終喺99年過身,一年後,到我外婆,又喺我面前噴血,之後仲過埋身,當晚我仲要拍結婚戲。之後我就有情緒病,每日飲酒飲天光,飲醉就喊,我本身心臟有神經線短路問題,有次打羽毛球,唔記得帶藥,暈喺地、差啲死,但我唔會因為呢個病而限制自己,照拍武打戲、照吊威吔

馬仔最怕工作時被打擾,就算女友一樣冇情講,「做緊嘢,不論睇劇本定寫歌,任何人都最好唔好煩我,打斷我我會嬲,情侶又好、朋友又好,應該互相體諒。」馬仔笑言不怕遲婚將來沒精力陪伴兒女成長,「因為我過度活躍,唔使點瞓。」

賺錢娶女友
周:身體有小毛病,見過生離死別,仲會唔會憧憬組織家庭?你有女朋友㗎嘛!仲係代理紅酒嗰個?同女朋友現時關係點?

馬:我同佢有共識唔講咁多,暫時一切安好,絕對希望組織家庭,亦好鍾意小朋友,但真係要睇時機。

周:女人生仔有時限喎!

馬:我同佢(女友)有共同目標,希望一、兩年內各自完成自己嘅部分,如果一切如願,我諗我哋會好幸福。

周:有晒計劃,換言之,現時女朋友係結婚對象?

馬:我一係唔結婚,如果結,都一定係佢。我依家一年365日每日基本上為工作而生活,就算見女朋友的時間都好少,過去五、六年,我不停學攝影、寫劇本、剪接有關幕後嘅嘢,就係希望將來有一日,有家庭的時候,適當地轉型,一年只拍一套戲,其餘時間做導演、寫劇本,容許生活上多啲時間調動。

周:其實唔結婚仲等咩?

馬:我諗我唔會係有兩次婚姻嘅人,所以要計劃得好仔細,我同屋企人一齊住,第時成家,現居都係留俾屋企人,自己搬出去;最起碼要有一個同住的地方,我嘅性格係唔會使女人一毫子。

周:即係你唔接受另一半一齊供樓?

馬:我買得起唔係威啲咩?我自問責任心好強,我錫嘅人我會願意一力承擔,我要娶老婆,我從來冇諗過佢要用一毫子,因為我由細到大,就係阿爸賺錢,阿媽唔使工作,我雖然有三個家姐,但自細屋企好多嘢已經係我決定,每個月家庭聚會,依家發展到有14個家庭成員,每餐飯,都係我俾錢,原因係我習慣咗,而且只要係我錫嘅人,我真係冇所謂。

周:女朋友有冇投訴?

馬:我唔相信同我結婚嘅人會唔接受,千祈唔好同我屋企人計較,否則我一定反枱!調番轉我對佢屋企人都一樣,佢媽咪生日我照樣買嚿好靚嘅金送禮。我一家人從來未為錢嗌過交,邊個有經濟問題,我就開支票俾佢。

周:你有經濟問題,屋企人係咪都會義不容辭幫忙?

馬:慶幸冇咁嘅需要,因為我賺十蚊只係夠膽用三蚊。

期望只會失望

周:去年提前同無綫解約,係咪好唔開心?

馬:當時工作上理念唔一致,有啲嘢我想試,但公司話唔好,維持咗一段時間,最後我決定暫時離開,離開嘅時候雖然唔捨得,但心情好輕鬆。

周:你攞過多次無綫「最喜愛電視角色」獎,但總係與視帝寶座無緣,有冇唔甘心?

馬:算啦!問心,冇人唔鍾意加冕,如果我抱期望,就只會失望連連,你問我想唔想有獎,想有,但最終冇,是但啦,自己都控制唔到,我冇乜嬲怒,應該係我嘅時候就係我,或者我攞唔到,但觀眾認為我值得攞,我就最開心,千祈唔好為攞獎而拍戲,咁諗,會好痛苦!

周:最近再為無綫拍劇?

馬:係,部頭約簽一部,拍完就再返大陸,先喺北京拍部電影,再拍國內電視劇,之後巡迴幾個地方唱歌,暫時冇諗住再簽長約。

後記:周美鳳眼中的馬浚偉—有為青年

多年前我在某電台初次偶遇馬仔,第一次見佢已經好客氣,「美鳳姐」前、「美鳳姐」後的稱呼我,俾我感覺係有為青年、好信得過!

為約今次訪問,我同馬仔三番四次通電話,每次佢都好親切,更覺佢為人說一不二,兼好有交帶。

訪問傾談中,發現大家都係潮州人,可能因為同聲同氣,特別啱傾。馬仔有潮州男人的特質,但絕非粗獷型潮州怒漢,而係溫文、體貼、細膩、有承擔的好男人,我深信馬仔會好錫佢的另一半,希望佢快啲結婚,到時記得請我飲!

不說不知,原來馬仔有收藏名錶及玉器的嗜好,「買錶太嘥錢,依家買少咗,我好鍾意歷史文物,收藏和田白玉及翡翠,仲有三塊豬油膏咁嘅紫光玉,我唔玩車,儲夠錢只會買樓,起碼將來有瓦遮頭。」馬仔任銷售時因應酬需要飲茅台等烈酒,練就如酒筲箕般的酒量,「三支紅酒、半支威士忌、兩打啤酒,是但一樣都隊我唔冧!偶爾有工作壓力,想有少少微醺,但飲極都唔醉,好彩仲有個方法,就係飲香檳!飲少少香檳我就會醉!」

馬浚偉打波心臟病發

馬浚偉日前透露患有心臟神經短路,記者昨日致電求證,他坦言有此病已八年,期間亦曾多次病發,對上一次是三個月前跟朋友打波時,而且剛巧沒有帶藥,他躺在地上嚇親朋友,家人及同事亦知他有此病,馬浚偉說:「其實我每日都有帶藥喺身,依家身邊啲同事都會幫我袋定啲藥,病發時心跳隨時會超過170次,犀利到成個人都會跳。」問到會否有生命危險?他指家庭醫生指心跳到暴斃只有萬分之一機會,所以他不當是甚麼一回事。




No comments:

Post a Comment