Saturday, August 6, 2011

News what's next? Who's next?

So what's next? My ending question after commenting on the reports from 3 Week, and Sudden 1st Week. What's next is that Sudden 1st Week came up with an article  to discredit Steven. Guess it is getting close to tvb awards ceremony.  The press bash fest has officially started with Steven Ma. So my next question is: Who's next?   English translation of rehashed article in Star zaobao.com

Sudden Week article is attacking Steven's character.  It reminds me of a past report of Steven's 5 alleged crimes.

1) Alleges Steven of badmouthing the other tvb siu sang.  (per Steven's interview with Cha Siu Yan.)
2) Alleges him  of being too dictatorial in shooting Apprentice Chef 2.
3) Alleges of him criticizing Linda Chung's performance in Ghost Writer, and Katy Kung's in Sentinel
4) Alleges Tsui Yong Yong resignation because of pressure from him to release a music album.


Charge 1
Easily dismissed by those who bother to listen to what Steven said on that subject.  This charge is so transparently trumped up by twisting Steven's words. But still damaging to Steven's reputation because people esp. anti-Steven and detractors will believe what they want to believe and quick to spread the 'news' even if they know it isn't true.  Rumor is an assassin of character. interview 

Charge 2
Per his terms with TVB, Steven is given total creative freedom with his AC2 production. Knowing Steven's considerate character he will be very tactful with implementing his ideas, nevertheless, toes will still be stepped on and feathers ruffled regardless how diplomatic one is.

Charge 3
Katy Kung has been an active poster on Steven weibo, affectionately addressing him as Biu Gor and occasionally thanking him, even till now. And Steven’s good relationship with Fala and Linda are well documented by all parties. And just this past Father's Day Linda picked him among her male co-stars as the best candidate to be a good father.

Charge 4
For weeks Tsui jie has been weiboing her return to uni to get a diploma because that has been her one regret. As soon as she read the tabloid she posted this.

Tsui y/y: 8/4 22:39  Called to ask me why I resigned my job. Hung up without answering their questions, and yet despite that, still used this change in job to arbitrarily frame my good friend. Deliberately twisting words out of context and deliberately causing dissension.  Totally lack of journalistic ethic.  I'm not enraged but I want to seriously state my protestation. 

馬浚偉 8/5 13:15:   Totally believed you.  I smiled after finished reading it. None of them is true! Hehee! Anyway, wishing you smooth sailing in your classes and new growth!


Other pertinent weibo posts by Tsui show she has only goodwill for Steven, but tabloids had to turn her departure into something to discredit Steven. 


8/4 23:20 書到用時方恨少*Much thanks to my good friend for letting me return to school to study with a peace of mind. These past 10 years, we have shared mutual encouragements. Seeing him writing his own new book with a smooth flowing fluency, with ease and relaxation,all these years of analyzing philosophy has finally come to fruition. Congratulations to him.  

8/ 2 11:00  Please don't ask me again "Why?"  My heart has only gratitude. Grateful to my good friend for his concern when I was seriously sick, to let me soar into the horizon in pursuit of my ideal.  There is only love in the world. Wishing my good friend who love and protect me happiness for the rest of his life.

*It is only when it comes time to apply knowledge that you regret not acquiring enough of it.

She and Steven had been low profile about their parting of ways,but still couldn’t escape the tabloid spinning mills.

July 6:Don’t be deceived by my chubbiness, actually I tussle daily with sickness, pain and tumors. These days I pay great attention to my health. Grand Piggy Master (Steven fans’ nickname for Steven) loves sports, so seeing venerable me not even care to move around, to save old me he could only serve me with nutritious food. In July Book Fair, Steven’s book has many soups and herbal dishes which have saved me uncountable times. …. 7月6日 15:28

In another entry, Tsui writes that because of Steven’s persuasion she finally went with Steven to play badminton with him to get some exercise, which she thoroughly enjoyed.

**********
Thank goodness for weibo.


When reading news like this, best to remind self of this Rudyard Kipling 's IF poem in relation to Steven. 

"He (Steven) lives in a fabricated, glittering world, where make-believes and excesses blended seamlessly into daily lives; where lies are interchangeable with truths, and rumors can and will take on lives of their own, summarily becoming facts. Where tabloids grow fat feeding on hapless celebrities. Where ‘friends’ alternated as foes, and foes never rest. Where thoughts get twisted, and paranoia is fanned into sporadic panic attacks." (in present tense)

2 comments:

  1. Hi there!

    Just wanted to drop by and say thanks for this post. First off, the fact that the article originally came from Face magazine is already suspect, since we all know how tabloid mags work (which is why I refuse to read that crap or if I do, it's purely to laugh at the stupidity of the writers) -- unfortunately though, there will always be naive, ignorant people out there who will always believe everything they read and either refuse to or don't know how to use their brains to decipher the situation for themselves and decide what makes sense to believe and what doesn't. I don't doubt in the least that there will be people who will read the article (and the rehash by whatever that website is) and believe it -- and even when the "charges" are refuted with evidence, they will still insist upon what was originally "published" in the gossip mag...

    Anyway, sorry for the rant, but it just gets tremendously frustrating dealing with people like that...

    Ok, getting off my soapbox now!

    Keep up the great work! If I were Steven, I would definitely want such a dedicated fan like you -- your posts are definitely appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. People who believe tabloid reporting have the mindset that there is no smoke without fire. Most just couldn't care less because it does not concern their idols so would not hesitate to spread the rumor.

    ReplyDelete