Thursday, April 12, 2012

news 2012 April: Steven Ma talked about his 6 "Bo Lok"

On.cc video clip link 

4th installment to Steven Ma's 5-piece interview with oriental daily 4/12/2012

无名小卒到一线小生 马浚伟谈6位伯乐助成功
马浚伟:珍姐见我就闹,好hurt!

Steven Ma: Whenever Zhan Jie Saw Me, She would Scold Me, I was Hurt!
Steven Ma, from a nameless nobody to today's first line siu sang, the whole process with its twists and turns has been most arduous.  However, among those six mentors or bo lok he spoke of, who at different phase  had given him much help, Catherine Tsang who loved (sek) him was actually also the one who scolded him the harshest!

The first person who turned  my life around was a singing teacher, Leung Yue Ling. In 1993 I competed in the 3rd Pioneer Laser Karaoke Singing Competition; Tai Si Chung was the chief judge. When I won the competition, Teacher Tai arranged for me to join a record company. During that time, I truly transformed from a housing estate resident to a singer.  After entering the industry, I was most grateful to have met Paco Wong (黄柏高), but I feel that I had let him down because at the time I had had the opportunity to sing a duet with Sally Yip, and Paco had secured Mark Lui as the producer for my albums, but unfortunately at that time I was still 'unformed'  therefore did not handle it well. Earlier, I partook a meal with Paco and the past was brought up, he said:"Those days you did not fully release your latent potential! But nowadays you are a first line siu sang leading in many series, so that's good!" I was moved by his words.

Record Company Wouldn't Renew Contract
My 3rd record released in 1995 did not generate a good result so the record company would not renew my contract. I was prepared to leave the music industry and resumed my past job as a 'plastic' salesman. But then at the pivotal point, Zhan Jie (TVB Director of Production, Catherine Tsang) told me to go for a screen test that landed me the role of Emperor Kangxi in the series, Duke of Mt. Deer 1998, which successfully transformed me into a TV actor. Though many people knew Zhan Jie loved (sek) me but unknown to them, whenever she saw me she would scold me. I was quite hurt inside, actually! When I was a youngster I accidentally chipped the front tooth and it was not untilI became a singer when Teacher Dai suggested to get it fixed. Although the outward appearance had improved it inadvertently affected my speech making me speak quite unnaturally.  Watching my series performance, Zhan Jie noticed that. She dragged me to face a mirror, all the time scolding me: "If you can't change that then quit la!" I knew it was because she cared about me so wanted me to improve; this indebtedness (恩情) is indelibly imprinted in my heart!

And there are two more to thank: Stephan Chan (TVB former General Manager) and Tsui Jie (Tsui Rong Rong, a former news journalist) . These two have also played a pivotal part in my acting career.

*note: Bo Le (horse connoisseur during Spring and Autumn Period) / a good judge of talent / talent scout
--more-- original article

无名小卒到一线小生 马浚伟谈6位伯乐助成功

 东方日报
2012年04月12日(四)

马浚伟:珍姐见我就闹,好hurt!

马浚伟由无名小卒到今天成为一线小生,过程转折艰辛,不过他口中的6位恩师、伯乐,在他每个阶段都曾给予相当帮助,当中最锡他的曾励珍,原来亦是闹他最狠的一位!

把 我一生扭转的第一个人,是歌唱老师梁玲;93年我参加香港第三届PIONEER雷射卡拉OK比赛,戴思聪担任首席评判,我夺得冠军后,是戴老师为我安排 唱片公司,那时我真的由屋邨仔变为歌手了。入行后,最感恩是遇上Paco(黄柏高),但我觉得辜负了他,因当年我有机会跟叶蒨文合唱,Paco更找来雷颂 德为我任唱片监制,可惜当年我还未「成形」,结果处理得不好。早前我跟Paco食饭时重提旧事,他说:「你当时未发挥到啫!依家能够成为一线小生,孭好多 戏啦,都好好呀!」令我十分感动。

唱片公司不予续约
95年我出第三张唱片时反应不好,唱片公司不能跟我续约,我打算退出乐坛, 继续做我的塑胶Salesman,此时珍姐(无线制作部总监曾励珍)却叫我试镜,最后演出《鹿鼎记》中的康熙一角,令我成功转型公仔箱。不说不知,很多人 知珍姐锡我,但她见我时就闹,内心都好hurt!年幼时我不小心撞崩门牙,直至做歌手后,戴老师提我做牙套,虽然外观改善了,却令我说话不太自然;拍剧时 珍姐留意到了,便边拉我照镜边闹我:「改唔到就唔好做啦!」我知她锡我才要我改好,这份恩情我铭记於心!

还有两位要感谢的,是陈志云(前无线业务总经理)及徐姐(前新闻从业员徐蓉蓉),两位在我的演艺生涯中也占了举足轻重的地位!

No comments:

Post a Comment