Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Steven Ma: Temporary leaving tvb is a good thing

3 installment to 5 part interview
东方日报 2012/04/11日(三)

 馬浚偉:暫別無線係好事 
Steven Ma has prematurely ended his contract with TVB. Despite his dissatisfaction accumulated over the years, his attitude was to 'live and let live' using only " did not click' to explain his departure from his maternal home, and even points out that this temporary separation from TVB is a good thing.

My relationship with TVB all along has always been fine. I can say with confidence that throughout these 18, 19 years, I did not have many grievances nor did I complaint much. Whatever tasks were given me I did them all to the best of my ability for the company. But ultimately it all comes down to interpersonal affinity. Indeed, my collaboration with the artists management department did not work out well.  It maybe that all these years I got into the habit of not speaking out so may not have clearly express what I wanted, so to certain extent, I have to bear some responsibility.  Anyway, because of that, I accumulated 6, 7 years of dissatisfaction. 

Cherish Old Times but Also Know Oneself 
View from a different angle, what's wrong with the artists management department?

It's not convenient for me to say.  Since I choose to leave the company, differences of opinions do exist. So it would be better to just cheerfully, happily and amiably end the contract.

How come there could be no reconsideration?

It's tough to explain the details one by one. Moreover, there's no need to. But I can say this, whether I could or not accept LOTYEF I would still request the termination of my contract.  Because there was just too much stuff being accumulated over the years that made me disheartened with TVB.  Else, why would I give up on such a safe and stable tv station?  It is precisely because I have deep feelings for TVB, frankly speaking... I like TVB a lot.  I dare to describe myself as nostalgic group (念舊一類) but in the end I had to respect my own feelings.  Today's temporary parting (TVB) might turn out to be a good thing.

Weak Affinity With Ms. Lok
Want me to describe my relationship with Ms. Lok? Honestly, I've had only few contacts with her. During the lighting ceremony night, people were pulling us all to take pictures. At the time because of the news on my discontentment, the situation was perhaps a bit sensitive but it was fine with me. However, that time the reporter came over requesting to take pictures and asking Ms. Lok to take pictures with me but at that time Ms. Lok was taking pictures with other actresses. And then the public relation official came over to drag me over to take pictures for the poster, and Zhan Jie (Catherine Tsang) thinking that I needed to rush over to the shooting studio told me to leave.  Everybody rushing over to grab me so I blurted out: "How come suddenly I became so busy?" Anyway, the upshot is that I did not get to take pictures with Ms. Lok.  At that moment, I did not wonder if other people were trying to help me ease the situation. But if we did not do anything wrong, there's no need to be awkward! (see weibo)

Let bygones be bygones.  One's conduct has to get past others and oneself.  I'll not have my words put Ms. Lok in a difficult position.  Anyway, there's no need. Since we have weak affinity so be it. Moreover, for the time being, I won't come into contact with her through work.  Even if have to discuss the contract I'm not worried. If the company care for me they should understand. (what to do)

part 1 part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment